Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have you?

Last night I rolled out of my bed, went and grabbed my Arwen Evenstar necklace off of my night stand and held on to it until morning. The thing is I don't remember why or when exactly I did it. I just remember waking up with my necklace held tightly in my hand.

ReputationRep:
    apparently on my last trip to Sydney, I went with my sister and she said the next morning that I had got up in the middle of the night, ran out onto the balcony of the place we were staying... she followed me and said "what are you doing?" and apparently I said "Oh, its ok, I thought you'd left me" and I went back to bed, I cant remember doing it, personally I think she had a bit much to drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    Have you?

Last night I rolled out of my bed, went and grabbed my Arwen Evenstar necklace off of my night stand and held on to it until morning. The thing is I don't remember why or when exactly I did it. I just remember waking up with my necklace held tightly in my hand.
    hell yeah, all the time. once i got up, wandered into my brother's room and started playing on his computer...once i got up and dressed for school...once i got up and went and put ym duvet downstairs, once i even started peeling some vegetables! and i talk/curse in my sleep the whole time

ReputationRep:
    Twice when I was younger I got up and went to answer the front door because I thought someone was knocking on it. My mum said there was nobody there. My sister once got up to lock the front door but she actually unlocked it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    One of my best friends is a nightmare sleep walker, she was sleeping in her bedroom with the window open and in the night she climbed out the window onto the varanda of the next room and slept on the sun-lounger. God knows how she managed to jump across to the varanda from the window! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Wow...compared to these things my sleep walking seems pretty tame, lol. The worst I've done is to wake up and found that I was downstairs in my living room.
    Has anybody have a dream that reflected reality? I had a dream where I fell off a cliff and I was actually falling off my bed at the time.

ReputationRep:
    i have once tried to move my car in my sleep!!!!! my mum had told my it was in the way b4 i went to bed and at like 3am i woke up in it, just sat in the drivers seat! such a good job i didnt turn it on!!! I quite often get out of bed to tell ppl stuff! we went on a school trip to italy n i got up to tell my friend kate that i was about to got play lacrosse!!!!! she was quite imaginably pi**ed off when i woke her up in the middle of the nite to tell her such rubbish! its wierd!

ReputationRep:
    No, but when i was at orchestra camp (according to my room-mates) i sang a scale in my sleep & on the last night i groaned & said the name of the principal second violin! (a weird guy with red hair!) oh the shame!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, lol I do it all the time Just the other night i woke myself up when i was sleep walking because i had stubbed my toe on the door, that was painful:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I tend to walk to the bathroom door, lock it and get changed for school and then go back to bed :confused: Luckily it hasn't happened recently. I also sometimes talk in my sleep which is annoying as i share a room so my sister can hear everything

ReputationRep:
    what does sleep walking mean? Why do people do it? I've never understood that....

ReputationRep:
    you often hear stories of you sleepwalking from family members... If sleep walking ain't bad enough you have to contend with them taking the mick out of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    what does sleep walking mean? Why do people do it? I've never understood that....
    i dont know but im sure freud would say its because you are sexually repressed. maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    i dont know but im sure freud would say its because you are sexually repressed. maybe.
    Good old freud! can turn anything ordinary into something about your inner self! maybe sleepwalking means that you are not happy & are in search of something else. or else you are just plain weird. maybe you shouldnt eat cheese before you go to sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    LOL! i've never heard that one before....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rashmi)
    maybe you shouldnt eat cheese before you go to sleep!
    i'm not too keen on cheese, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i'm not too keen on cheese, lol
    ilove cheese & all things cheesy! but according to this magazine cheese makes you have nightmares & possibly sleepwalk!i didnt make it up,promise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rashmi)
    ilove cheese & all things cheesy! but according to this magazine cheese makes you have nightmares & possibly sleepwalk!i didnt make it up,promise!
    Well I don't remember eating any cheese that night. Unless I've been sleepwalking to the fridge every night in order to eat cheese, which I wouldn't remember :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    One of my best friends is a nightmare sleep walker, she was sleeping in her bedroom with the window open and in the night she climbed out the window onto the varanda of the next room and slept on the sun-lounger. God knows how she managed to jump across to the varanda from the window! :confused:
    Quite scary. The poor kid. Reminds me of Nightmare on Elm Street.

ReputationRep:
    I've sleepwalked a couple of times when I was little. The worst one was where I (allegedly) climbed down from my bunkbed, went to "ease myself", , climbed back up the ladder again, and continued to sleep. :confused:

I don't sleepwalk anymore, and this happened ages ago

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.