Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol I sleepwalk and it's so disorientating but kind of amusing. However I had a bad feeling I've been caught walking around with um, something in my pants, at least once.

ReputationRep:
    During my first year at Uni, I was so disoriented I would wake up in the middle of the hallway wondering what I was doing there. Even worse, I woke up once standing in the middle of my front door neighbour's room at 3 am and I remember I wasn't totally dressed.

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 10 I went on a camping trip, and therer were huge tents which I couldn't undo because the latch things were really complicated. We were in this large forest and there were lots of other group sparsely covering the area... maybe 150 metres away.

So anyway, and this is all from my supervisor the next morning, I got up in the middle of the night, unlatched the tent all by myself, and went walking in the woods! Apparently they went looking for a boy with no shoes walking around in the forest at 3:00am, but they didn't find me for a while, when another group quite a long way away stopped me and walked me back.

I don't actually remember it at all, but everyone agreed that I did it... I was like... "wtf no way did I do that!"

ReputationRep:
    I used to sleepwalk all the time. Id often wake up and id be downstairs, or in the bathroom. I used to do it more when I was hot or worried about something, strange.

ReputationRep:
    I don't sleep walk as such more like shout out random crap e.g once it was "the grass IS greener!" :rolleyes: whatever that means

ReputationRep:
    Once when my grandma came over to stay, I had a tantrum and decided that I didn't want to sleep in my sisters room. I asked me mam if I could sleep downstairs and she said no, so I finally gave in and went to sleep in my sisters room... In the morning I awoke outside my sisters room, on the landing complete with sleeping bag and pillow, lying on the floor, in the way. If anyone had got up in the middle of the night they would have fallen over me I think I decided that I was NOT going to sleep in my sisters room, and decided that the floor outside was better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Once when my grandma came over to stay, I had a tantrum and decided that I didn't want to sleep in my sisters room. I asked me mam if I could sleep downstairs and she said no, so I finally gave in and went to sleep in my sisters room... In the morning I awoke outside my sisters room, on the landing complete with sleeping bag and pillow, lying on the floor, in the way. If anyone had got up in the middle of the night they would have fallen over me I think I decided that I was NOT going to sleep in my sisters room, and decided that the floor outside was better
    very nice
    Darn! The monkeys link in your signature doesn't work... Well, it was supposed to be a link right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    During my first year at Uni, I was so disoriented I would wake up in the middle of the hallway wondering what I was doing there. Even worse, I woke up once standing in the middle of my front door neighbour's room at 3 am and I remember I wasn't totally dressed.
    Perhaps it was the stress of your first year in college? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    Well I don't remember eating any cheese that night. Unless I've been sleepwalking to the fridge every night in order to eat cheese, which I wouldn't remember :confused:
    eating chesse is fun! or maybe if you sleepeat you should put the cheese in an out of reach place before you go to bed?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch that programme about sleep last night (think it was on itv/c4)? There was an american guy on it who stabbed his wife 44 times then rolled her into the swimming pool mand held her head under the water - while he was asleep!! He was on trial for killing her... didn't see the end though - does anyone know if he was convicted of murder??

ReputationRep:
    I've sleepwalked quite a few times, but I've never done anything particularly interesting....I'm a very dull somnambulist.

ReputationRep:
    Once my sister had got back from a night out but she didnt have her key so I went downstairs half asleep and tried to open the door with a calculator, then once when I was ill I got out of bed and got down on all fours and grunted like a pig to try and stop myself being sick.. I woke up back in bed hearing my mum very worried about me, discussing with the doctor whether or not to call an ambulance... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've sleep walked though i don't think its a regular thing,

Once I apparently came downstairs and sat down in front of the tele while my parents watched, I then went into the kitchen a poured myself a lemonade, without using a cup.

All I remeber is waking up in the kitchen with lemonade everywhere and wet toes!

I also talk, I share a room with my sister and we both do it, in fact we have conversations!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, one time when we were staying in a holiday cottage, I walked down into the living room and tried to pee in one of the arm chairs!!!

Luckily my sister was up at the time a redirected me to the loo, otherwise it could have been very embarrassing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Did anyone watch that programme about sleep last night (think it was on itv/c4)? There was an american guy on it who stabbed his wife 44 times then rolled her into the swimming pool mand held her head under the water - while he was asleep!! He was on trial for killing her... didn't see the end though - does anyone know if he was convicted of murder??
    He was, sounds innocent to me, but I knew as soon as I heard it was in America he would be found guilty. I have a strange knack for reading American juries, it's rather worrying.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm well i have slept walked but it isnt a common occurance my main feature is mumbling which really annoys the rest of my family as they all listen to me but can't understand untill i randomly shout out words really loudly!!! and i get the worst nightmares and i don't even eat cheese how unfair is that???
    but i have two friends that sleep walk, one got out of bed walked into the bathroom and shaved off half of her eyebrow, have to say the next few days of school were very amusin, she started out trying to cover it with a plaster pretending to have cut herself!!! we soon sussed her tho!
    and another mate got up and was found balancing on the top banister just above the stairs we had to get her brother to calmly talk her down and carry her to bed but she didn't remember any of it or even wake up when we were talking her down!!!!

phew that was a long post

ReputationRep:
    sleep walking is scarey
    i heard that a boy who is 16 years old killed by cut his mother's head using a knife when he is dreaming cuting a watermolen, and people walk out of windows as a door in their dreams...etc

ReputationRep:
    There is that story of the American girl who played Super Mario Bros for several days non stop and when she went asleep, she was thinking so much about the game, that she jumped out of her window and did god knows what damage to herself.

(Original post by SamTheMan)
    There is that story of the American girl who played Super Mario Bros for several days non stop and when she went asleep, she was thinking so much about the game, that she jumped out of her window and did god knows what damage to herself.
    Does the same principle apply to UKL? If so i can never go to bed now.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys there was this 17 yr old boy in hk who was sleep walking and then he jumped off the building and died... so sad.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.