Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask Me Anything! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    First off, I know this is copying someone

Basically, I've just joined this site and it would be nice to chat to the people here, since I've been reading for a few months and a lot of the posts I've read have helped me

Also I'm in work which is dead so yeah, fire away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darien91)

Basically, I've just joined this site and it would be nice to chat to the people here, since I've been reading for a few months and a lot of the posts I've read have helped me

what is your occupation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    what is your occupation?
    I'm a supervisor in an NHS program called Gwent Frailty Basically we aim to provide care/assessments for people in their homes so they don't have to go to hospital unnecessarily

ReputationRep:

Are you generally a floater or a sinker

ReputationRep:
    I'm a supervisor in an NHS program called Gwent Frailty Basically we aim to provide care/assessments for people in their homes so they don't have to go to hospital unnecessarily
    How was the student room of use to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Are you generally a floater or a sinker

Haha that made me laugh! but I did say ask me anything :cool:
    Sinker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    How was the student room of use to you?
    I went through an extremely bad breakup (in my eyes) and was struggling to recover from it, now and again there were threads/posts in the relationship section that caught my eye and some of them did help in little ways

ReputationRep:
    Haha that made me laugh! but I did say ask me anything :cool:
    Sinker
    +1 for you answering as you promised, good sir.

So why do you think your breakup was bad?

ReputationRep:
    +1 for you answering as you promised, good sir.

So why do you think your breakup was bad?
    Many thanks!

Oh boy ha, I'm going to try to keep it very short since I'd be here all day.. It is available on a different website though

Basically, I was with a girl for a while, great relationship, no arguments, always said how much we love eachother blah blah standard bits. I had an opporutnity to work in america for the summer and I knew it would be tough but she said we could handle it. It was basically do something I always wanted to do or risk losing somone I'd always wanted. So since she was "okay" with it I went. while I was there she was just increasingly dark and off with her messages and it just made me worry and I couldn't enjoy my time there. I came back and she got me from the airport, spent the night with me telling me she loved me etc, then the next day I took her to work and I got a text saying "we cant work anymore". That's it, no reasons, no face to face.

Like everyone does I tried to keep in contact but made myself worse, and within 3 weeks she had slept with 2 other people including her ex (she was a virgin before me) so I drove myself crazy with all the "what ifs" etc

Also found out 2 months ago that she cheated soo that was a bonus lmao.

Like I said it's VERY condensed!

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks!

Oh boy ha, I'm going to try to keep it very short since I'd be here all day.. It is available on a different website though

Basically, I was with a girl for a while, great relationship, no arguments, always said how much we love eachother blah blah standard bits. I had an opporutnity to work in america for the summer and I knew it would be tough but she said we could handle it. It was basically do something I always wanted to do or risk losing somone I'd always wanted. So since she was "okay" with it I went. while I was there she was just increasingly dark and off with her messages and it just made me worry and I couldn't enjoy my time there. I came back and she got me from the airport, spent the night with me telling me she loved me etc, then the next day I took her to work and I got a text saying "we cant work anymore". That's it, no reasons, no face to face.

Like everyone does I tried to keep in contact but made myself worse, and within 3 weeks she had slept with 2 other people including her ex (she was a virgin before me) so I drove myself crazy with all the "what ifs" etc

Also found out 2 months ago that she cheated soo that was a bonus lmao.

Like I said it's VERY condensed!
    Ouch, the sense of betrayal must have hurt. Hope you're in a much better frame of mind now.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, the sense of betrayal must have hurt. Hope you're in a much better frame of mind now.
    Yeah it was awful.. It makes it worse that it's affected me personally since now I'm so guarded and I seem to ruin things early :mad:

I am getting there thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well this didn't go as well as I'd hoped :colonhash:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.