How do I self teach Further Maths A-level?

Watch
Connolly1370
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently studying Maths and Computer Science at A2 in school and self teaching the FP1,FP2,FP3,S2 and D2 modules for a Further Maths A-Level for AQA (I've already done D1). I have near enough finished FP1 but I am only halfway through S2 and finding it difficult to understand some of the concepts from reading a book and it is sapping my motivation. The school has signed me up for some online tutorial lessons which aren't very good in my opinion but the S2 lessons don't start until April anyway which is very late. Does anybody have any advice for self-teaching S2 or any of the FM modules? Also, does anybody know any good resources for the modules as no text books are available for FP2,FP3 and D2?
Duke Glacia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Connolly1370)
I'm currently studying Maths and Computer Science at A2 in school and self teaching the FP1,FP2,FP3,S2 and D2 modules for a Further Maths A-Level for AQA (I've already done D1). I have near enough finished FP1 but I am only halfway through S2 and finding it difficult to understand some of the concepts from reading a book and it is sapping my motivation. The school has signed me up for some online tutorial lessons which aren't very good in my opinion but the S2 lessons don't start until April anyway which is very late. Does anybody have any advice for self-teaching S2 or any of the FM modules? Also, does anybody know any good resources for the modules as no text books are available for FP2,FP3 and D2?
Hve you considered doing edexcel they have nice textbooks.
rache11ouise
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im self teaching the AS further maths this year (FP1, D1 and D2). Im currently using the edexcel textbooks for all of the modules and I'm finding D2 really enjoyable the textbook breaks things down into manageable chunks and I'm finding it quite easy to understand so far (textbook link below)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/043551920...XT9JRK4YRPTP94

I have used other textbooks in the past and have found the edexcel books to be the best for self teaching
AstarAstarA
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I find that the Edexcel textbooks are easy to learn from. If you're struggling with S2, there are some really good lessons on youtube I would recommend if its particular topics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (70)
67.31%
I don't have everything I need (34)
32.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed