Is it islamaphobic to be anti-ISIS? Watch

This discussion is closed.
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FTheOpps)
No, I gave you context. What you did was take those bits from the Quran out of context.

Modesty is often a trait possessed by someone who is intelligent. You have none. Facts? Anyone can get good grades if they study hard.
Dear God, you really are a fool. I have given YOU the context, the West has been waging wars in the Middle East for years, you yourself said the Qu'ran supports fighting in self defence, ISIS are using this verse literally. The Middle East is being attacked by the West, ISIS see themselves as fighting in self defence. You yourself have stated that fighting is allowed by the Qu'ran in these circumstances, get it now? I will not continue the debate until you read my initial answer, which was clearly too long for you to read without getting confused and tired.

I am usually modest, but considering you attacked my intellect, I have every right to defend it (sounds similar to something doesn't it...). 'You have none' oh the irony! Facts? Academics were only an example, hence why it was accompanied by 'track record' to encompass everything else.

Also, you still haven't apologised for referring to me as anti-semitic, something which just highlights how clueless you are.
(Original post by monchoo)
Let me ask you a question, have you actually read the Quran? Because to me, it is clear that you haven't. Do not take verses out of context and label them as 'advocating violence and oppression'. You can do the exact same with any religious book or anything for that matter. Not taking context into account is the main reason Islam is portrayed the way it is. Yes, ISIS does not represent Islam in any aspect because they advocate violence and Islam values peace and friendship. If you would have read the Quran you would know that it says "To kill one man is like killing all of mankind, and to save one man is like saving all of mankind". In the story of the two brothers where one kills the other out of jealousy and anger, the moral and message of the story is that anger and jealousy are negative emotions and killing is one of the biggest sins and is highly frowned upon. Of course, you would know this if you had actually bothered to pick up a Quran and read it before spouting hatred about it.

Kindly take your ******** elsewhere.
What verses did I take out of context? Not one, but two of your friends here have highlighted how violence is allowed when 'being attacked', hence this proves ISIS are taking the Qu'ran literally as the West have been attacking the Middle East for years. Or, are you saying the Qu'ran doesn't feature the violence used during the Holy Wars? Maybe it is you who needs to read the Qu'ran.

No hatred as been spouted, stop sticking labels on everything just because you heard your local Iman do it.

verycoolperson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wat the heck is wahhabism islam lol its not some extreme "version" at all lol
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by monchoo)
Right, so you are saying this as a Muslim scholar who has read the Quran and studied it for many years thus becoming a scholar? Or are you saying this as a Muslim who has read the Quran with translation and practises? Or are you saying this as someone who has actually read the Quran even once with translation and actually tried to understand it? While saying that Muslims aren't as devout as they used to be you are speaking for millions, heck, billions of people. Do not go around making generalised statements to push your Islamophobic agenda without knowing the first correct thing about Islam. While saying that Muslims aren't as devout as they used to be you are speaking for millions, heck, billions of people.
How is it islamaphobic to say most muslims aren't terrorists. You are a fool. I've spent long enough on this now, theres no point arguing with 2 different people, both at different stages of being proven wrong, both asking the same questions. I won't be responding any longer because it doesnt really matter to me what delusions you're living under anymore.
Last edited by That'sGreat; 1 week ago
Maia_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
First of all how dare you call me a goyim, you should be greatful that you were lucky enough to recive your 'god given homeland' from the British Empire, a homeland that is certainly not deserved and one that you have abused, making it one of the biggest mistakes of Britain, you have and had no right to our land, our land that the Arabic and jewish people were allowed to prosper under and certainly after us it was not the jews who had right to that land, it was the Arabs. Israel is as much of your home as the Falklands is Argentinian (absolutely none) or that the Angevin Empire is rightfully ours (absolutely none)

I do not see the British crying about the traumatic experiences of the napoleonic wars all the way to ww2, certainly not crying enough that they can fabricate a 'homeland' on foreign soil. I do not see the Russians crying over the millions of people who died to give us what we have today, nor the Americans or any other brave nationality. No one even cares for the Ukrainians who went under just a brutal genocide with numbers possibly even being higher, few care for the genocide of the Armenians or really any other atrocity.

I am very glad you can demand the annexation of soverign land due to "wanting a place where people can pronounce your name" and "oh we need a homeland because uh bad things happened to us". You cannot hide behind the holocaust forever.

The jews even have a private policeforce among their ghettos in London, highly insular communities that are often complained about in cases where it is muslims or arabs, both are just as bad yet only one is ever talked about.
Goyim just means not Jewish. It’s the Hebrew translation of gentile. It’s not an insult.

Why are you saying ‘you’ when talking about the actions of the Israeli government? like I had a say in them. You’re conflating jews to the actions of the Israeli government.

I should be glad that I’m “lucky enough”?? I’m in a group so susceptible that it was unanimously decided we needed a place to go, so I don’t know why you’ve acted like I’ve won the lottery.
I don’t want a homeland “because uh bad things happened to us”. I want one so-uh-bad things don’t happen again. I’m sick and tired of being the target of genocide.
I’m not hiding behind the holocaust, once again, I just don’t want it a reoccurrence.

I didn’t “demand the annexation of a sovereign land”. The League of Nations and later the UN have legally recognised that Jewish people were indigenous to the land of Israel, and since 1921 the right of the people of Israel to the state of Israel has been recognised.

I’m guessing you’re talking about the shomrim, which is really a pleasure to have. Imagine being so susceptible to haters that a community watch group had to be set up. Although 64% of its work supports the non-Jewish (gentiles/goyim) community, funded by the Jewish community. So they’re not really a Jewish police force, but a noghborhood watch group set up in an area susceptible to crime (antisemitic crime, which isn’t usually perpetrated by Jews.)
monchoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you are clearly exhausted and unable to understand what I said to you. You suggested that if people actually read the Quran then they would all be in ISIS. I simply asked you if you had read the Quran to be able to suggest this.

I did not suggest anywhere that there isn't violence in the Quran. I simply told you that violence, when not in self-defence and unnecessary, is frowned upon. ISIS's violence is just that, unnecessary

It's Imam btw, not Iman. Learn the correct terms before attempting to have a debate
(Original post by That'sGreat)
Dear God, you really are a fool. I have given YOU the context, the West has been waging wars in the Middle East for years, you yourself said the Qu'ran supports fighting in self defence, ISIS are using this verse literally. The Middle East is being attacked by the West, ISIS see themselves as fighting in self defence. You yourself have stated that fighting is allowed by the Qu'ran in these circumstances, get it now? I will not continue the debate until you read my initial answer, which was clearly too long for you to read without getting confused and tired.

I am usually modest, but considering you attacked my intellect, I have every right to defend it (sounds similar to something doesn't it...). 'You have none' oh the irony! Facts? Academics were only an example, hence why it was accompanied by 'track record' to encompass everything else.

Also, you still haven't apologised for referring to me as anti-semitic, something which just highlights how clueless you are.

What verses did I take out of context? Not one, but two of your friends here have highlighted how violence is allowed when 'being attacked', hence this proves ISIS are taking the Qu'ran literally as the West have been attacking the Middle East for years. Or, are you saying the Qu'ran doesn't feature the violence used during the Holy Wars? Maybe it is you who needs to read the Qu'ran.

No hatred as been spouted, stop sticking labels on everything just because you heard your local Iman do it.

monchoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thanks for letting me win the argument and admitting that you were wrong! enjoy living in the screwed up world you have thought up
How is it islamaphobic to say most muslims aren't terrorists. You are a fool. I've spent long enough on this now, theres no point arguing with 2 different people, both at different stages of being proven wrong, both asking the same questions. I won't be responding any longer because it doesnt really matter to me what delusions you're living under anymore.
CuriosityYay
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is always funny that whenever there is a discussion about religion (in my experience of two threads) it just ends up with the two saying about each other they are foolish.

I don't want someone to come and tell me that the other started or whatever, I just pointed it out and I hope in the future that both parties will try to convey the information as concisely and politely as possible, without ending like it did in this thread.

Thank you and peace.
cranjar1908
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Firstly the UN is corrupt and i dont even need to prove this, its so clear.
The main reason the jews were given that land, and plz dont get offended, is because people (elite) in the world wanted a bit of land and control in the middle eastern areas, and what have you got now, a country which is one of the centres of tech in the world and a superpower in the middle eastern areas.
(Original post by Maia_)
Goyim just means not Jewish. It’s the Hebrew translation of gentile. It’s not an insult.

Why are you saying ‘you’ when talking about the actions of the Israeli government? like I had a say in them. You’re conflating jews to the actions of the Israeli government.

I should be glad that I’m “lucky enough”?? I’m in a group so susceptible that it was unanimously decided we needed a place to go, so I don’t know why you’ve acted like I’ve won the lottery.
I don’t want a homeland “because uh bad things happened to us”. I want one so-uh-bad things don’t happen again. I’m sick and tired of being the target of genocide.
I’m not hiding behind the holocaust, once again, I just don’t want it a reoccurrence.

I didn’t “demand the annexation of a sovereign land”. The League of Nations and later the UN have legally recognised that Jewish people were indigenous to the land of Israel, and since 1921 the right of the people of Israel to the state of Israel has been recognised.

I’m guessing you’re talking about the shomrim, which is really a pleasure to have. Imagine being so susceptible to haters that a community watch group had to be set up. Although 64% of its work supports the non-Jewish (gentiles/goyim) community, funded by the Jewish community. So they’re not really a Jewish police force, but a noghborhood watch group set up in an area susceptible to crime (antisemitic crime, which isn’t usually perpetrated by Jews.)
BLACKPINKK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i actually died at the title!
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Maia_)
??? Zionism didn’t hijack the name of Judaism.
To many religious Jews, Israel is the promised land (hence the name ZIONism). Even non-religious Jews value having a country

Israel is our home

You’re conflating jews to the actions of the Israeli government.
You cannot have your cake and eat it (associate Judaism/Jews with Zionism when it suits you, and then disassociating Jews with that same inherently colonial and racist ideology (Zionism) when the connection doesn't suit you).
FTheOpps
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Arrogant, egocentric, self-******. These are three words to describe the brilliant That'sGreat. A 17-18 year old who spends their time insulting people's beliefs over the internet because this child believes that they are more intelligent than everyone else. We should all strive to be a snowflake, just like That'sGreat here. As detailed in his own post, his father is mentally ill and his mother cheated. These are not my words, they are his. Go and check his previous posts before he deletes them And yet, he refutes this claim. He also claims that Islam encourages the stoning of homosexuals and violence towards others, however when this issue is resolved and disproved, he claims that he never said those things.

We all have a little That'sGreat in us, and that's not great. We should bring out the good in us.
cranjar1908
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow, That'sGreat lol. Btw PRSOM came up for me.
Arrogant, egocentric, self-******. These are three words to describe the brilliant That'sGreat. A 17-18 year old who spends their time insulting people's beliefs over the internet because this child believes that they are more intelligent than everyone else. We should all strive to be a snowflake, just like That'sGreat here. As detailed in his own post, his father is mentally ill and his mother cheated. These are not my words, they are his. Go and check his previous posts before he deletes them And yet, he refutes this claim. He also claims that Islam encourages the stoning of homosexuals and violence towards others, however when this issue is resolved and disproved, he claims that he never said those things.

We all have a little That'sGreat in us, and that's not great. We should bring out the good in us.
FTheOpps
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cranjar1908)
Lool. No problem, thanks for repping me
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ah, sorry to break it to you son but that was when I was part of a shitposting group. Admittedly not the coolest thing, but what can you do. The only thing that's interesting though, is that you were prepared to use that as ammunition, in a debate. You quickly resorted to personal insults which were often wrong instead of debating. Why? Because you couldn't handle someone questioning the ethics of your made up religion (Like all religions). This has undeniably proven you are too intellectually defunct to even have a chance of winning a debate.

You only have to look to Islamic countries to see how brutal Islamic culture is. I never said I never said those things, I said you were too incompetent to read the context, which I provided for you.

But on another note, how sad do you have to be to make fun of things like that? True or not it is still something utterly reprehensible and disgusting. Doesn't really fit into the devout muslim profile that you portrayed earlier lol. How old are you anyway? 13?

Same goes for you

(Original post by cranjar1908)
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
Arrogant, egocentric, self-******. These are three words to describe the brilliant That'sGreat. A 17-18 year old who spends their time insulting people's beliefs over the internet because this child believes that they are more intelligent than everyone else. We should all strive to be a snowflake, just like That'sGreat here. As detailed in his own post, his father is mentally ill and his mother cheated. These are not my words, they are his. Go and check his previous posts before he deletes them
Don’t forget Oxbridge reject.
cranjar1908
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
your the most f ing annoying person here.
Spoiler:
Show
Coz i cant upvote your posts even though i want to.

(Original post by Palmyra)
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
Yeah, with Durham and LSE offers....
cranjar1908
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow. You really butthurt.
Ah, sorry to break it to you son but that was when I was part of a shitposting group. Admittedly not the coolest thing, but what can you do. The only thing that's interesting though, is that you were prepared to use that as ammunition, in a debate. You quickly resorted to personal insults which were often wrong instead of debating. Why? Because you couldn't handle someone questioning the ethics of your made up religion (Like all religions). This has undeniably proven you are too intellectually defunct to even have a chance of winning a debate.

You only have to look to Islamic countries to see how brutal Islamic culture is. I never said I never said those things, I said you were too incompetent to read the context, which I provided for you.

But on another note, how sad do you have to be to make fun of things like that? True or not it is still something utterly reprehensible and disgusting. Doesn't really fit into the devout muslim profile that you portrayed earlier lol. How old are you anyway? 13?

Same goes for you
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's funny how angry this certain compassion religion gets when challenged over basic principles which they can't explain. I guarantee you wouldn't find this in any other religion on such a grand scale.
FTheOpps
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Same goes for you
Wow. Butthurt much? I've put things into context for you but clearly you're too mentally challenged to observe that fact. I never made fun of that, and that's a nice excuse btw. It shows one of two things: the first, if you were part of a **** posting group, is that there is something not right with you. The second is that you are attempting to obscure your past out of embarrassment. You know nothing of Islam. You do your little Google searches, you watch the news, maybe a bit of Reddit and you form an opinion on something you have no knowledge. This, without a doubt, proves that it is you who has poor debating skills.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed