The Student Room Group

Student finance

hi, im really stressed because my dad wont support my application and now it looks like i wont get my maintenance grant. :frown:

we've had a serious argument about a couple of months ago and hes been ignoring me since; i live with my parents and my mum has tried to get him to help me but he just wont- hes being really spiteful and i dont know what to do; even though i live with my parents i dont ask my parents for money, and ive been supporting myself and making my own way to uni by catching buses. im soo stressed because its nearly bloody Christmas and hes still not budging! its not like i have plenty of cash and im trying hard to find a part time job but so far, no luck. does anyone know if its possible to get the maintenance loan and grant without your parents supporting your application?
thanks x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Sameera101
hi, im really stressed because my dad wont support my application and now it looks like i wont get my maintenance grant. :frown:

we've had a serious argument about a couple of months ago and hes been ignoring me since; i live with my parents and my mum has tried to get him to help me but he just wont- hes being really spiteful and i dont know what to do; even though i live with my parents i dont ask my parents for money, and ive been supporting myself and making my own way to uni by catching buses. im soo stressed because its nearly bloody Christmas and hes still not budging! its not like i have plenty of cash and im trying hard to find a part time job but so far, no luck. does anyone know if its possible to get the maintenance loan and grant without your parents supporting your application?
thanks x

What you need to do is call student finance and explain the situation, they will more than likely feel sorry for you, also do you live in halls or on your own?

thanks x

Have you tried meaningfully apologising to your father ?
I don't think you need your parents support if you get a non means tested loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks x

you can get the non means tested loan without parental support, thats about £3500, anything more and you need your parents to support it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending