The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Graduate Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Applecider
Nah not as of yet just that standard sorry it's taking a while email and CV still in review.
On holiday on Friday for two weeks so that wouldn't be ideal if there's an assessment centre day on the 3rd/4th of Feb...

Well I was invited to the telephonic last week and definitely the assessment centres are on the 3rd and 4th Feb as per the interviewer...well its been different experiences from different people...best of luck...
Original post by ashwagon
Well I was invited to the telephonic last week and definitely the assessment centres are on the 3rd and 4th Feb as per the interviewer...well its been different experiences from different people...best of luck...

You too. All the best.
Reply 62
Any updates on assessment centres this week?
Reply 63
still no news :frown:
Original post by design0
still no news :frown:

Me too! It's crazy how we haven't heard anything for so long!
Reply 65
what schemes have you guys applied? any telephonic or video interview?
Reply 66
So I got rejected. I give up!!! I'm just gonna go try get a job at maccys. good luck to everyone elseeeeee
Reply 67
clothing Design i'm waiting to hear back from, sorry to hear about that what scheme did you apply for ?
Original post by ashwagon
what schemes have you guys applied? any telephonic or video interview?

Lingerie design. What about you?

Original post by kim92
So I got rejected. I give up!!! I'm just gonna go try get a job at maccys. good luck to everyone elseeeeee

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!! Don't give up there will be something for you!!
Reply 69
Hey, I still haven't completed my video interview for the marketing scheme, has anyone done it? could you please tell me the type of questions asked if possible?
I have my assessment centre next week

Just using the stuff they provided to practise. It seems like a long day with a lot happening so I think the only thing people can do is prepare for standard competency questions and think about your strengths...
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone who's been to an assessment centre heard anything back yet?
I think the first one will be on the 3rd. I am invited to the one near Holborn. I heard that the process is really going to take up all 8:30-15:30. In some of their web pages they said in some schemes we will have to prepare before the assessment centre. I'm afraid I might have missed out some instructions somewhere in their emails? anyone applying for IT business analyst knows if there is anything to prepare in particular at all?
Reply 73
I haven't heard anything yet had mine last week in Worcester
Original post by Grad0912
I haven't heard anything yet had mine last week in Worcester

how was it like? it is true that they'll ask you to write a report and do a formal presentation? and what kind of role play was yours?
Reply 75
Yeah you do have to do a formal presentation. You do get prep time but for me that was the most challenging part of the day.
Role play was just your standard employer/employee appraisal. What you'd expect really.
There's not a lot of prep you can do I don't think except researching the company.
Reply 76
Mine was for the retail selling scheme so the format may be different
Original post by Grad0912
Yeah you do have to do a formal presentation. You do get prep time but for me that was the most challenging part of the day.
Role play was just your standard employer/employee appraisal. What you'd expect really.
There's not a lot of prep you can do I don't think except researching the company.

cool. I'm not great at working very quickly. I'm guessing they gave you some data to analyse and asked you to quote some facts and stuff? nothing too creative right? I hope I will have enough time to prepare. Thanks for your sharing though, I hope you get it.:smile:
Hi guys

I went to the assessment centre in Swindon for the retail selling scheme yesterday.
For those of you going to the Swindon centre it is round the corner from the store next to Wallis, there is an alcove with an intercom there. If you can't find it then go into store and the staff there will give you directions.

As for the day itself;

We started off with a quick briefing, meeting our assessor's etc.
Then we had a group discussion, it's basically like 2 problem questions.
Secondly you will be split into two and either you will do your roleplay first or your analysis and presentation. I did the roleplay.
The roleplay is quite straightforward
The analysis gives you an hour to read some information and then 15 minutes to present your findings.
Then lastly you have your one-on-one interview.
We started at 9:30 and I went in last for the interview but was still done by 4:30 but most of the others got out by 4.

There isn't much you can do to prepare, just be yourself!

Good luck all
(edited 8 years ago)
applied for HR scheme, havent got any reply since online tests. My application status is 'thank you for online test, our accessment centre starts January blablabla'. Is that normal......

Quick Reply

Latest