The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer Graduate Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

In terms of timings I applied on the 13th Nov, got my acceptance to assessment center on the 29th Dec and went to it on the 1st of feb

Converesly my bf applied 1st Nov and got his rejection email around 25th Jan so its all very random but tbh I would assume if you havent heard anything by now then to assume the worst :frown:

Hope this helps
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lawless0912
In terms of timings I applied on the 13th Nov, got my acceptance to assessment center on the 29th Dec and went to it on the 1st of feb

Converesly my bf applied 1st Feb and got his rejection email around 25th Jan so its all very random but tbh I would assume if you havent heard anything by now then to assume the worst :frown:

Hope this helps

Thanks for sharing :wink: I submitted on 30 Nov and never heard back ever since. Prob its a no, like, most likely :/ Best of luck to youuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Reply 82
Original post by KemiG94
Hey, I still haven't completed my video interview for the marketing scheme, has anyone done it? could you please tell me the type of questions asked if possible?

Hey :smile: Can you tell us more about it? How was it? Thanks & best of luck to everyone !
Reply 83
Has anyone done the telephone interview which is between the application and the assessment center ? What kind of questions did you have?
Best of luck to everyone!!
Original post by Pudge22
I'm soooo nervous about my assessment center! Does anyone have any tips ? :smile:

Read all instructions quickly and accurately
Reply 85
Hey, any insight on the analysis exercise and presenting task. Such as what to look out for and how to prep for it?
Original post by julia18
Hey, any insight on the analysis exercise and presenting task. Such as what to look out for and how to prep for it?

They gave us an hour to prepare and suggested us to spend 45 minutes to work everything out and 15 minutes to prepare the presentation. I find it quite challenging as I'm a slow worker. Just try to keep track of ur time. There isnt much u can prepare before the day. Good luck!
Reply 87
Original post by PatrickTheStar
They gave us an hour to prepare and suggested us to spend 45 minutes to work everything out and 15 minutes to prepare the presentation. I find it quite challenging as I'm a slow worker. Just try to keep track of ur time. There isnt much u can prepare before the day. Good luck!

Thanks Patrick, can you tell me what it was based upon please, Was it an individual or group task? and a lot of data and graphs to draw upon? Sorry for the hassle!
Just something to dwell upon that sometimes giving too much information away will play bad on you. After all this is a competitive role and people that went into assessment centres early will not have had the information you are requesting, I would err on the side of caution when giving away too much information for these tasks. I understand people are nervous but I personally would consider it an unfair advantage for people in the coming weeks to have all the information they need. Don't get cheeky.
Original post by lawless0912
Just something to dwell upon that sometimes giving too much information away will play bad on you. After all this is a competitive role and people that went into assessment centres early will not have had the information you are requesting, I would err on the side of caution when giving away too much information for these tasks. I understand people are nervous but I personally would consider it an unfair advantage for people in the coming weeks to have all the information they need. Don't get cheeky.

I agree, and with due respect to you lawless I wasn't too happy with the amount of information you provided. I didn't write anything because this is a public forum and you can disclose what you like. However, gaining this job position for me would enable me to marry my partner and (as she is not from the UK or Europe) allow her to migrate here. Many people here are in their final year of university or maybe just applying whilst they apply for other things. Some of the applicants will be more serious than others.

Respectfully, I would ask you to edit the information you posted to disclose less. I think even knowing about the way the day works takes away some of the nerves that others who don't see the post would have. Having said that it's your choice and if you don't want to edit your post I won't complain any more. :redface:
Reply 90
Original post by Hopeful3112
Me too!! It's driving me crazy!!! Which design scheme did you apply for? I applied for the lingerie one! The wait is horrible!

hey :smile: have you heard anything yet ... I'm starting to loose all hope :frown:
Has anyone heard back yet?
Original post by design0
hey :smile: have you heard anything yet ... I'm starting to loose all hope :frown:

Hi, yeah I have an interview on the 26th. I found out a few days ago. Don't lose hope there's still time.
Reply 93
Hi, yeah I have an interview on the 26th. I found out a few days ago. Don't lose hope there's still time.

oh Congrats ! is the interview in london ? fingers crossed i hear some news soon then ! did they email or update your application ?
Original post by design0
oh Congrats ! is the interview in london ? fingers crossed i hear some news soon then ! did they email or update your application ?

Thank you. Yeah it's in London. I was amazed to be honest I didn't think I'd hear anything!! I have my fingers crossed for you. They emailed and updated my application.
Reply 95
Thank you. Yeah it's in London. I was amazed to be honest I didn't think I'd hear anything!! I have my fingers crossed for you. They emailed and updated my application.

ahh how exciting for you ! Thank you i'm hoping it will be soon, good or bad just something ! haha.
Reply 96
Has anyone heard anything back from those of you that have attended the assessment centres yet?
No I haven't heard anything, just a thank you email. Have you heard anything?
Reply 98
Not yet no 🙈
My assessment for retail management was early February. Was told they were aiming to respond by the end of February but it was highly likely it would go into early Marcg before we heard anything.

Quick Reply

Latest