Turn on thread page Beta

Good places to do independent A levels watch

ReputationRep:
    Hullo, the mighty Student Room.
    I am an international student who got pissed on in his own country and came to England in search of proper education and uni. I would love to be able to do the British AQA A Levels in Maths, Physics and Chemistry but I can't really find a place in London in which I could afford sitting an exam. Just to clarify, I don't need a course, just the exam itself and I'm not really willing to go back to school full time ( I heard this is a possibility since I'm not quite 25 yet ). Could anybody recommend some cheap college which offers independent A Levels in those subjects and in this exam board ?

(Original post by Davyjones)
    Hullo, the mighty Student Room.
    I am an international student who got pissed on in his own country and came to England in search of proper education and uni. I would love to be able to do the British AQA A Levels in Maths, Physics and Chemistry but I can't really find a place in London in which I could afford sitting an exam. Just to clarify, I don't need a course, just the exam itself and I'm not really willing to go back to school full time ( I heard this is a possibility since I'm not quite 25 yet ). Could anybody recommend some cheap college which offers independent A Levels in those subjects and in this exam board ?
    Hi,

I'm on a gap year and currently self-studying for an A Level. The place I intend to do it at (this place) is in Bristol. I don't know if it's cheap as such because they don't post prices on the website (instead asking you to get in touch with them) but they're the only ones I can find who do the CIE A Level in history (which doesn't have any coursework element) and accept private candidates.

There's also a surprising reluctance among schools to take private candidates, which is why I'm even thinking of going further afield in the first place. I seem to remember that they also do AQA exams so you may want to drop them an email if you think you'd like to go there.

Alternatively, it's probably likely that you can find a similar place in London so you might wanna Google a bit to save you having to travel to Bristol and live in rented accommodation for two weeks.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.