Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am finding it so hard to make myself sit down and actually do my uni work. What do you do get motivated / on with it??

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_x)

Love it haha.. except essays aren't my dream :P
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by RooRoo1)
    I am finding it so hard to make myself sit down and actually do my uni work. What do you do get motivated / on with it??
    Break it down into small manageable chunks.
    Make yourself comfortable: i normally have a brew and some biscuits next to me on my desk whilst working on essays.
    You could give yourself little rewards for doing work, for example, I'll do 500 words/1 hour revision and then i can watch an episode of my favourite show/play fifa or whatever (dont do the reward for too long though).
    You could mix and match work a bit, so do one topic for an hour then swap to something else after that, might help with boredom a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Love it haha.. except essays aren't my dream :P
    :laugh:
    it works for me everytime though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Break it down into small manageable chunks.
    Make yourself comfortable: i normally have a brew and some biscuits next to me on my desk whilst working on essays.
    You could give yourself little rewards for doing work, for example, I'll do 500 words/1 hour revision and then i can watch an episode of my favourite show/play fifa or whatever (don't do the reward for too long though).
    You could mix and match work a bit, so do one topic for an hour then swap to something else after that, might help with boredom a bit.
    Oh that's a good idea just have to have some self discipline :L think it doesn't help that I don't actually want to be studying this :P
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oh that's a good idea just have to have some self discipline :L think it doesn't help that I don't actually want to be studying this :P
    why is it you dont want to be studying this? I suppose if that's the case you can motivate yourself by thinking once this piece of work is over, its over and done with.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.