Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OKAY so I really want to know what other people got for their mocks GCSEs compared to their real ones in the summer, i feel really disheartened now because my first few haven't gone too well (im partway through). I didn't revise as much as i normally would because i had some other things going on and i am so so scared and worried because my target grades are high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaJH)
    OKAY so I really want to know what other people got for their mocks GCSEs compared to their real ones in the summer, i feel really disheartened now because my first few haven't gone too well (im partway through). I didn't revise as much as i normally would because i had some other things going on and i am so so scared and worried because my target grades are high
    I did better in my mocks than in my real GCSE exams :fluffy:

Put the work in and in the end you'll be fine. Use your mock grades as motivation :yep:
    If you know you didn't work as hard as you normally would, you already know there's room for improvement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    I did better in my mocks than in my real GCSE exams :fluffy:

Put the work in and in the end you'll be fine. Use your mock grades as motivation :yep:
    If you know you didn't work as hard as you normally would, you already know there's room for improvement.
    ohhh that must have been annoying! and thank you, i will definately do that

ReputationRep:
    ohhh that must have been annoying! and thank you, i will definately do that
    Indeed it was, but I expected it to happen... you're welcome :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! I got D's in my Mocks and came out with all A*s, A's and B's
    The biggest difference is English Language - Mock D (Didn't answer the full paper tbf) and came out with 2 A*s for English in the end! Don't worry about it it means nothing - nobody ever gets the same in their mock!

I also have a good friend who was in my triple science who got E's in her Science mocks and came out with A*AA in the real things

I'd rather have my mock grades instead of my actual ones.
    Just preserver and get through it among the many past papers out there

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 As, 6 Cs, a D and a U (French.)

In my real GCSE's I got 6 A*s, 3 As and a B (French.)

They are just mocks and you have ages left until the real exams. Use them as motivation to do better and you will be fine, honest. Oh and do lots of past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminem97)
    Don't worry! I got D's in my Mocks and came out with all A*s, A's and B's
    The biggest difference is English Language - Mock D (Didn't answer the full paper tbf) and came out with 2 A*s for English in the end! Don't worry about it it means nothing - nobody ever gets the same in their mock!

I also have a good friend who was in my triple science who got E's in her Science mocks and came out with A*AA in the real things
    Oh wow, you're right- they are really good grades! thanks thats reassuring

It's just that our school treats them so seriously and we get them in a letter and then a parent's evening and everything, and i just REALLY don't want them to think im going to fail because i know i can do it with enough work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Yeah, i know a few people who did better in their mocks, It IS frustrating but thanks i will!

ReputationRep:

It's just that our school treats them so seriously and we get them in a letter and then a parent's evening and everything, and i just REALLY don't want them to think im going to fail because i know i can do it with enough work
    Thank you! My mocks where seriously so bad that my head teacher suggested I enroll on to college to retake my GCSE's - which I obviously didn't need to do and now am doing A levels!

So i totally get you there - schools will all over react as it can make them look bad if theres a low pass rate (My schools was 48% 5-A*-C so evidently they went mental!) They do also understand that the majority will do better in the real thing so dont worry!

ReputationRep:
    I often did a bit better in the real exam than in the mock. I remember one chemistry mock I got 9% but then I got a B in the real module exam (A level, not GCSE, but still sticks. However this was largely due to not doing enough for the mocks and then hammering it for the real exam. If you worked your socks off for the mock it is likely it is fairly accurate unless you got really unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    Mocks I got 1 A*, 3A, 4B,4C,1D--->Real grades 5A*, 4A, 4B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dixietrix)
    I got 2 As, 6 Cs, a D and a U (French.)

In my real GCSE's I got 6 A*s, 3 As and a B (French.)

They are just mocks and you have ages left until the real exams. Use them as motivation to do better and you will be fine, honest. Oh and do lots of past papers
    Thank you so much! my motivation is definately coming back, one more thing: Is there anywhere else i can get past papers that you now of apart from my exam board websites which only show the last 3 years' ones?

ReputationRep:

I totally get it, my school was the same. My parent's evening with my French teacher was a tad awkward to say the least Just remember they aren't your real grades and you know you can do better in the real exams. Mocks are just good practice at the exam style and doing it under timed conditions. You will be fine. Good luck with everything

ReputationRep:
    Mocks: only done like 6 subject exams for mocks
    A* in English Language, A* in Maths, A* in RE, A in Spanish, A in Add. Science, B in Food Tech
    I didn't revise much for my mocks but I don't think they matter because you'll be motivated to revise once your exams are nearer.

I remember feeling like utter crap after my first exam, and this made me revise loads. I thought I was going to fail all of my exams!
    At the end I managed 10A*s somehow Don't be too disheartened!!!

ReputationRep:
    i don't really remember my mock results but I remember I got an A* in geography mock but got a C in the real thing

i got Bs and Cs in my science mocks but i got A*s and As in the end

because i wanted to go into science I put all my effort into that and neglected the humanities and other subjects so :/

don't neglect any subjects!

but idk i think i'd rather have 2A*s 3As 3Bs 3Cs than just 11 Bs but that's just me lol

people who can get 13 A*s - what are y'all Kryptonians or summin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omni Vanitas)
    Mocks I got 1 A*, 3A, 4B,4C,1D--->Real grades 5A*, 4A, 4B
    That gives me a bit of hope then, thanks-well done on great grades!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think I got lower in my mocks than my final GCSE exams.

(Original post by aamirac)
    Innit. When I did my mock GCSEs I got all As and Bs. When I did the actual exams I got five Cs, and the rest were Ds and Es.

I was a **** academic back then.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! my motivation is definately coming back, one more thing: Is there anywhere else i can get past papers that you now of apart from my exam board websites which only show the last 3 years' ones?
    Oops sorry, I linked the wrong post the first time I got mine off the exam board website (bearing in mind this was two years ago) and you should be able to find some older ones if you search around online.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.