The Student Room Group

What did people get in gcse mocks compared to real exams?

Scroll to see replies

I can't remember exactly what I got for my mocks but there are some that I do remember clearly so I'll put a dot next to the ones that I can remember

English Language - D
English Literature - A/B
Maths - B
French - D
German - A*
RE - B
History - C/B
Biology - A
Chemistry - B
Physics - B

(Really couldn't care less about my mocks tbh)

These were my real grades:
English Language - A
English Literature - B
Maths - A
Biology - B
Chemistry - A
Physics - B
German - A
French - A
History - B
RE- A
In my Mocks, I only revised a few weeks beforehand and so got 2 A and with the rest being all B and one E. In my real GCSEs I revised for months beforehand and managed to get 1A* 7A, 2B and a D (P.E where over half the year got C and below).

As long as you put the effort in it will all be fine. I could have got at least 3 more A* but I didn't put effort in for things such as Controlled assessments, so although I got A* in the exams, Controlled Assessments brought me down to A, so my best tip would be to take all coursework seriously.
Reply 42
Original post by OliviaJH
OKAY so I really want to know what other people got for their mocks GCSEs compared to their real ones in the summer, i feel really disheartened now because my first few haven't gone too well (im partway through). I didn't revise as much as i normally would because i had some other things going on and i am so so scared and worried because my target grades are high :frown:

In maths I got C/D's but in my real maths exam I came out with a B :biggrin:. In science I got F's/E's but after 4 5 or weeks of revision i came out with 2 C's. In English i got D's and in the real exam I got a C. :u:
I think I got an E for history and D for English Lit in my mocks, and came out with A*s for both in June, so if I were you, I wouldn't stress. Once you get into revision for exam mode, you'll find it a whole lot easier (speaking from my own experience)
(edited 8 years ago)
i literally did no work for my mocks got like C's and B's and in my gases got all a's and a b and some a*s just make sure you work for them
Original post by Tootles
Ey, could be worse - a year later I was asked not to return to the sixth-form I went to :h:

Yeah, I'm happy being a nerd :ahee: :hugs:

:yikes: How?

It's the only way to live :awesome:
i got lower grades in my real GCSE's than i did in my mocks.
just make sure you put your all in
Original post by aamirac
:yikes: How?

It's the only way to live :awesome:
I had a nervous breakdown and failed my ASes :iiam:

Hellz yeah. And when you're a nerd of as many different kinds as me, life ain't never borin' :biggrin:
Mocks ~ about 4A* 5A 1B

Real exams ~ 9A* 4A's
In my mocks I got 1 A, 2 B, 3 C and 3 D.

In my real GCSE's I got 1 A*, 2 A, 3 B and 3 C which I was very happy with :smile: I put in a lot of extra work to get those D grades up though.
I was always a perfectionist when it came to my education :lol:

I used to treat mocks the same as the proper exams, so I did equally well :biggrin:
Original post by Tootles
I had a nervous breakdown and failed my ASes :iiam:

Hellz yeah. And when you're a nerd of as many different kinds as me, life ain't never borin' :biggrin:

:ms:

Nope never is. Though I hate it when people assume you have Oxbridge grades when we don't and then you have to tell them that's not the case. :redface:
Original post by aamirac
:ms:

Nope never is. Though I hate it when people assume you have Oxbridge grades when we don't and then you have to tell them that's not the case. :redface:
Oh yeah. Nerds and clever people clearly must have been to those universities and have lots of money, fast cars, and bitchezzzzz.

When in reality we're broke, write books in the full knowledge that people might not read them, and wind up volunteering at charity shops.
Reply 53
OKAY so I really want to know what other people got for their mocks GCSEs compared to their real ones in the summer, i feel really disheartened now because my first few haven't gone too well (im partway through). I didn't revise as much as i normally would because i had some other things going on and i am so so scared and worried because my target grades are high :frown:

Don't worry about target grades, they genuinely mean nothing to be honest. As long as in your real exams you know you put in as much effort as possible then nothing else matters really.

As for my mocks compared to real exams, I achieved the exact same grades which was kinda weird lol.
I got C/D/E grades in my mocks, and AAABC in my actual exams. If you revise enough then you can really make a difference to your grades! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Don't worry, you can leap grades between mocks and real. I remember feeling how you did, it was painful! Let's just say my target was 5A*, I dreamed of it, didn't think I could possibly ever get more, I was hoping for 2/3. I'd done all the maths, I knew I couldn't get more than 5 with my UMS. I was convinced all summer I'd got none, again, looking at grade boundaries. But in actuality 6! 1 more to the dream goal, the one which I didn't think was likely. Any way, here is my mock, target and real grade. It's possible, please trust me! If you work hard results day should be a very happy one indeed! :smile:

Target Mock Real
Maths: C D A
English Lit: B C A*
English Lang: B C A*
Chemistry: B A* A*
Biology: C C A*
Physics: A B A*
History: B U A*
Geography B A B
Religious Studies: B A A*
Drama B E C

I hope this gives you hope. I swear it's all hard work. For essay subjects, write essays. Maths, Science, practice. And just make sure you can do everything in the text book.
Original post by Tootles
Oh yeah. Nerds and clever people clearly must have been to those universities and have lots of money, fast cars, and bitchezzzzz.

When in reality we're broke, write books in the full knowledge that people might not read them, and wind up volunteering at charity shops.

Oh yes, they must be.

How true that is :rofl:

Cs & Ds in mocks and A in maths

In real thing I got As and Bs and 1 C in maths bit of a bummer :frown:

I didn't revise much for either should have done though.
Reply 58
Original post by Wright98
Don't worry about target grades, they genuinely mean nothing to be honest. As long as in your real exams you know you put in as much effort as possible then nothing else matters really.

As for my mocks compared to real exams, I achieved the exact same grades which was kinda weird lol.

Yeahh i guess they don't mean much but i know i can get them if i try and my parents will be really disappointed if i don't :/ haha, thanks i definately will put in more effort to the real things:smile:
Reply 59
Original post by Big Blue Machine
Don't worry, you can leap grades between mocks and real. I remember feeling how you did, it was painful! Let's just say my target was 5A*, I dreamed of it, didn't think I could possibly ever get more, I was hoping for 2/3. I'd done all the maths, I knew I couldn't get more than 5 with my UMS. I was convinced all summer I'd got none, again, looking at grade boundaries. But in actuality 6! 1 more to the dream goal, the one which I didn't think was likely. Any way, here is my mock, target and real grade. It's possible, please trust me! If you work hard results day should be a very happy one indeed! :smile:

Target Mock Real
Maths: C D A
English Lit: B C A*
English Lang: B C A*
Chemistry: B A* A*
Biology: C C A*
Physics: A B A*
History: B U A*
Geography B A B
Religious Studies: B A A*
Drama B E C

I hope this gives you hope. I swear it's all hard work. For essay subjects, write essays. Maths, Science, practice. And just make sure you can do everything in the text book.

Thankyou so much for your reply- wow those stats are inspiring! I just need to be positive after my mocks no matter how bad they go and keep going rather than giving up before it even begins because for me it can go either way! REALLY want to get rewarding grades because i know i can do it if i try

Quick Reply

Latest