Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unplanned Gap Year Advice watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi. A few weeks back I dropped out of university as i have decided that I want to pursue a degree course in accounting and finance/ actuarial science instead of what I was ding at university. However, this means that I have almost a year to fill before I return to university. I was thinking of getting some work experience in an office job. But there is a problem there as most of the jobs require previous experience. How do I get an entry level position? Also, I was hoping to go on a volunteering project, but I think going outside of Europe on an ICS programme may be a bit much because I am not a confident person right now. Does anyone know of any organisations like ICS that operate only within Europe or even just in the UK?

    Any help would be appreciated as so far all I have planned is a christmas Temp job working in a shop.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.