Turn on thread page Beta

Help with this Human Resources Assignment Please! watch

ReputationRep:
    I really need help with this HRM Assignment. I have to identify and analyse 2 major challenges in recruitment, selection and retention that are faced by the HRM Department. Please help. I am lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alibeatz)
    I really need help with this HRM Assignment. I have to identify and analyse 2 major challenges in recruitment, selection and retention that are faced by the HRM Department. Please help. I am lost
    legal implications? Equality act. 2010 - regarding discrimination in selecting candidates.

person - organisational fit - the core competencies of the candidate, do they really fit in with the organisational culture?

diversity management - one of the biggest issues in SME's especially, is the diversity within the workforce - is innovation being limited by the lack of diversity?

Selection methods - according to the CIPD, the most common selection methods are through a combination of interview and CV/Cover letter, the challenge here is unconscious bias, the term 'halo effect' plays an important part here. this has lead to the recent introduction by Parliament of the 'nameless CV's' - again mainly around the area of discrimination

Retention, its not all about money, does the employee feel empowered? trusted? motivated?... what one person needs is likely to differ from the next. does the management have the knowledge to manage human resources effectively?

one of the biggest issues is the strategic alignment of HR processes to the businesses goals . are we recruiting the right people for the job? the average cost of recruitment is an excess of £2000 for a junior employee. this can be crippling to a SME if it does not work out! many businesses find it difficult to create their recruitment advertisements and find that they need to perfect their techniques in order to give potential candidates a real feel of the organisation, to give the best understanding on what is expected. this tends to draw applicants who are more likely to 'fit' with the organization

I am currently doing this exact area of recruitment, selection and retention for my masters assignment. Mine is focused on a consultancy based case study. however, these are some of the broad areas you could consider researching further. Hope it helps!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.