Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Open University or traditional university? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently doing an access course in nursing and will be looking to apply to uni this time next year but I'm having difficulty deciding which route to chose? I have pros and cons for both and just want to her other people's opinions about this.
    Thanks in advance!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Beckyyy0711)
    Hi, I'm currently doing an access course in nursing and will be looking to apply to uni this time next year but I'm having difficulty deciding which route to chose? I have pros and cons for both and just want to her other people's opinions about this.
    Thanks in advance!
    If you want to study nursing you can only go through OU if your trust agrees to have you placed there (and sponsors you) for the whole degree as the OU dont find you placements as far as I m aware so depending on your circumstances you might have to go the traditional route.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if it will help but I hope it may just be another option for you, I have just completed a Sponsored Degree with a company called CGI and have just graduated with a 1st. I know they also now to higher apprenticeships so I would highly recommend having a look at their website. They funded my entire degree and have a starting salary of £14k so may be worth having a look at.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.