Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I keep getting U's in assessments and I feel hopeless watch

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 12 and Everyone else in my class is so smart I don't understand HOW. some of them don't even work at get 70% easily.

Meanwhile here I am getting 35% in chemistry biology maths . yes I got 30% in all of them.

All my friends are at least above the 50 % mark although they are struggling with AS too. All of this will go on my end of term report and it's gonna be SO EMBARRASSING. I am yet to get a single A.

I try very hard I study every day but when it comes to the test my head jumbles.

What can I do to improve?WILL THIS YEAR GET BETTER
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Don't worry - I got pretty much straight U's in AS Chemistry and ended up with a B. It's all about perseverance and not giving up, your teachers will understand that not everyone adapts to this huge jump as much as others do. you'll get there - on the upside A2 is much easier to get straight into.
    You'll be fine.
    If you are really struggling, tutors are great. biology is all about learning the mark schemes and the specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaunghit)
    Im in year 12 and Everyone else in my class is so smart I don't understand HOW. some of them don't even work at get 70% easily.

Meanwhile here I am getting 35% in chemistry biology maths . yes I got 30% in all of them.

All my friends are at least above the 50 % mark although they are struggling with AS too. All of this will go on my end of term report and it's gonna be SO EMBARRASSING. I am yet to get a single A.

I try very hard I study every day but when it comes to the test my head jumbles.

What can I do to improve?WILL THIS YEAR GET BETTER
    i am in the same position like u
    u just need to have a revision timetable and STICK to it (that's what i start doing it)
    start making flashcards right now- the way i start doing it is that whenever in class we go through a new topic i make flashcards and read through them and following my revision timetable so ur lessons will b balance
    once u done with flash cards rehearsal- try some exam questions to see how u doing
    n also u can search things u dont understand if u hesitate asking the teacher like me

ReputationRep:
    Dude u are suppose to get grades like Us and Es so u get every grade their is in book. When u go to a theme park don't you wanna go on all the rides??? Yess??? Now keep at it those kids who don't work and get 50% will stay on 50%.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.