Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is wrong with me? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It seemed like a lot less on my iphone, not gunna lie. (my bad guys)

ReputationRep:
    it is just part of life that people have other things in life that you don't share interest in. i do know that it can feel like you are the only person putting effort into a friendship as i've been there myself quite recently actually. i thing you need to ask yourself is, is it worth staying friends with someone who doesn't seem as bothered about this friendship. it is a tough call to make but if your friends make you feel like you annoy them simply by being in contact with them it may be best to move on.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for being the only one to actually reply. Ill take this into consideration.

(Original post by chelseafreak)
    it is just part of life that people have other things in life that you don't share interest in. i do know that it can feel like you are the only person putting effort into a friendship as i've been there myself quite recently actually. i thing you need to ask yourself is, is it worth staying friends with someone who doesn't seem as bothered about this friendship. it is a tough call to make but if your friends make you feel like you annoy them simply by being in contact with them it may be best to move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishflake)
    Thank you for being the only one to actually reply. Ill take this into consideration.
    no problem, its what i do

ReputationRep:
    You aren't jealous, you are insecure about the friendship and yourself. So when she is with other people you worry she is going to forget about you and never talk to you again. Also when you say she is your best friend you don't actually mean it. What you really mean is that you want her to be your best friend, but she has never made you feel that way about her. So you resent her because of it. So whenever you message her you don't feel excited or happy, you feel anxious and annoyed at yourself. Then when she does something slightly weird or you deem lame you think why am I friends with this person she isn't worth my time anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    You aren't jealous, you are insecure about the friendship and yourself. So when she is with other people you worry she is going to forget about you and never talk to you again. Also when you say she is your best friend you don't actually mean it. What you really mean is that you want her to be your best friend, but she has never made you feel that way about her. So you resent her because of it. So whenever you message her you don't feel excited or happy, you feel anxious and annoyed at yourself. Then when she does something slightly weird or you deem lame you think why am I friends with this person she isn't worth my time anymore.
    Thank you for your answer... Its appreciated.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.