Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you stop liking someone you've got a crush on? Tips please!!! watch

Announcements

I like someone and I can't. But it's killing me. I can't stop thinking about him and I hate the feeling of liking someone you can't have.

How can I get rid of these feelings?

I can't block him out of my life. That's what I normally do...but due to circumstances I see him everyday at college, no matter what. And I have to talk to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I like someone and I can't. But it's killing me. I can't stop thinking about him and I hate the feeling of liking someone you can't have.

I can't block him out of my life. That's what I normally do...but due to circumstances I see him everyday at college, no matter what. And I have to talk to him.
    Why do you think you can't have him? If he has no idea that you have a crush on him, then he's going to treat you as a friend and it'll seem like he's uninterested. Of course, he's not going to automatically like you if you say that you like him, but it will take your relationship out of the friendzone slightly. However, tread carefully - if you have a good friendship with this guy, then telling him how you feel can make it very complicated and awkward if he doesn't feel the same way.

You can either tell him how you feel or accept that you'll only ever be friends. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the latter; in fact, it keeps the relationship uncomplicated but still fulfilling and fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

You cant endure the pain life is but the flicker of a candle flame

ReputationRep:
    What you do is change how you feel about him. So instead of fancying him you like him in a different way. You change what you like about him in your own mind and you will over time stop having a crush. Either that or you find something about him which may make you dislike him and no longer have a crush on him.

ReputationRep:
    Just make an effort to notice the irritating things about him lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position although I'm a guy, for me it helps to focus on other areas of my life such as career, friends, gym etc. Also speaking/getting to know other girls

like when your nervous they say imagine them naked, imagine him on the toilet it actually works - what ever repulses you imagine him doing that...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.