The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

as long as you're taller than me...
It's on the short side of average.
Reply 3
Yeah totally; no man 5'9" or below has ever been successful or found a partner, the inferior distance your head is from the ground renders your entire life meaningless.

...But no. :colonhash: (poe's law)
5'9 is somewhere in-between short and medium height for a guy. It kinda sucks (I'm 5'9 myself) and probably automatically rules out 30% of women either taller than you or that have a strict height preference. But I don't think it's that big of a deal.
too short for what?

what could you do about it either way lol?
Reply 6
Not at all tbh, I am six feet tall and when someone 5 "9" stands next to me, it doesn't make that much of a difference, I am probably a bit taller than you, and I am 6 feet.:tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think?

Not too bad. As long as you're taller than I am (5 foot 7) I wouldn't overlook you
nah 5'6 would be though, I'm 5'4 and would be happy with someone 5'8 cause he'll be the same height as me when I'm in heels.
I'm 5'7 and I've never had any trouble finding a girlfriend, she's not shallow when it comes to height.
No.
It isn't "the short side of average", it's bang average-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11534042

I think the idea that it's below average is based on how many men add an inch or two when asked their height.
I'm 5'8" and I don't think I'm all that short to be honest. Most girls are about 5'6" maximum and unless they're 5'8" or taller themselves, they have no idea what they're talking about when they discuss height. :P
Reply 13
Was the pun intentional? :colonhash:
Less than 6'2 and you're screwed, sorry gays.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Was the pun intentional? :colonhash:

No

:getmecoat:
Original post by nverjvlev
as long as you're taller than me...

But what if you're over 6 foot. It's then nearly impossible to meet your high(I couldn't resist :smile: ) demands. FYI I'm 6'2 so this height thing is never a problem for me.
How old are you? I'm 16 and I'm about 5"10, still growing. Men stop growing in their early 20s so there's every chance of you peaking at about 5"10/11
Original post by marco14196
But what if you're over 6 foot. It's then nearly impossible to meet your high(I couldn't resist :smile: ) demands. FYI I'm 6'2 so this height thing is never a problem for me.

I see what you did there :biggrin:

I'm not 6 foot so it's all good
No it's fine! That's the average British man's height.