Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a student in the United States and I am currently filling out my application for the MSc Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management program at Imperial. No one in my family has ever studied in the UK and I am unfamiliar with many of the normal application process.
    I wanted to ask those who are in the program or have graduated from Imperial a couple of questions.

1. Who did you use for references? Professors? Employers? Or someone else?

2. What did you say in your letter as far as career goals? Did you talk mainly about Entrepreneurship or did you write about other career plans?

3. Is there any advice you can give me on things to put in my application that will help me be accepted?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    hi there, i am also considering that, have same questions!

ReputationRep:
    hello! I also applied to this course, anyone here received any offers/rejects yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miremind)
    hello! I also applied to this course, anyone here received any offers/rejects yet?
    Hi ! I would like to know too

I have already finished an interview 10 days ago but have not recieved the result yet.

I'm so nervous..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppingpings)
    Hi ! I would like to know too

I have already finished an interview 10 days ago but have not recieved the result yet.

I'm so nervous..
    I did the interview on 31 dec, roughly the same time as you!
    let's keep in touch for any update

ReputationRep:
    What did they ask in your interview? I still haven't had mine but it is coming up.

Good Luck Guys!!

ReputationRep:
    It's a first year they changed to use video question instead of Skype, so I advise you to get use to the platform!

There will be 5 questions in total, not sure if it's random but mine are 4 oral answers and 1 written answer.
    As I remembered one asked how your experience prepared you for the course,
    another is they will give you an example situation, and ask how you solve it,
    how is your personal interest and ...stuffs.

One thing I particularly remembered was how I self-convince getting myself together and click next for each next question, which I assure you, it's the hardest part!

ReputationRep:
    It's a first year they changed to use video question instead of Skype, so I advise you to get use to the platform!

There will be 5 questions in total, not sure if it's random but mine are 4 oral answers and 1 written answer.
    As I remembered one asked how your experience prepared you for the course,
    another is they will give you an example situation, and ask how you solve it,
    how is your personal interest and ...stuffs.

One thing I particularly remembered was how I self-convince getting myself together and click next for each next question, which I assure you, it's the hardest part!
    Hey ! I just wanna ask, have you received result yet ? How long does it take to get the result after interview... because I did the interview on 11 Jan but haven't got email or result from Imperial yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gibjida)
    Hey ! I just wanna ask, have you received result yet ? How long does it take to get the result after interview... because I did the interview on 11 Jan but haven't got email or result from Imperial yet.
    No, not yet. I think it would be around 1 month after the interview date. But I heard that it could take up to 3 months sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    No, not yet. I think it would be around 1 month after the interview date. But I heard that it could take up to 3 months sometimes...
    ok... thanks !!

ReputationRep:
    any update?

ReputationRep:
    Just got a rejection email

ReputationRep:
    Wow I sent in my application on the 17th of January and I did my interview on the 29th, haven't heard back from them since the interview. Did they give you reasons for the rejection? And if you don't mind me asking, what is your educational background?

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to post a quick reply and say that I received my offer this morning. I was very excited and, unless something changes, I plan on being at Imperial this fall!

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    please advise me about the interview
    How was it? and What were your questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shishaaaa)
    please advise me about the interview
    How was it? and What were your questions?
    The interview was a little strange. You are answering recorded questions. I will tell you my questions.

1. Tell me about a time that you made an impact.

2. What is a weird talent you have and how did you develop it? (This question caught me off guard)

3. You are asking your boss for a raise, he or she hesitates, what do you do?

4. Written question about why Imperial.

I know there was another question or two but I just can't remember. If I think of them, I will let you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben.belnap)
    The interview was a little strange. You are answering recorded questions. I will tell you my questions.

1. Tell me about a time that you made an impact.

2. What is a weird talent you have and how did you develop it? (This question caught me off guard)

3. You are asking your boss for a raise, he or she hesitates, what do you do?

4. Written question about why Imperial.

I know there was another question or two but I just can't remember. If I think of them, I will let you know.
    oh!! thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shishaaaa)
    oh!! thank you
    You are welcome! I want to ask you a few questions if you don't mind...

Why did you choose Imperial?

Where are you from?

What is the perception of Imperial from where your from?

Do you know anyone who has gone there? If so, what did they think of it?

Have you applied anywhere else?

-Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben.belnap)
    You are welcome! I want to ask you a few questions if you don't mind...

Why did you choose Imperial?

Where are you from?

What is the perception of Imperial from where your from?

Do you know anyone who has gone there? If so, what did they think of it?

Have you applied anywhere else?

-Ben
    I think it's one of dream schools in my country as well as LBS and LSE. I'm from Thailand and Imperial is placed to the top lists of UK business school.

ReputationRep:
    I have got an interview coming up. Any suggestions/tips for the interview? What kind of questions do they ask?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.