Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

What do guys think of tattoos on women, does it make her more attractive to you if they are decent ones?

ReputationRep:
    Very sexy, makes women more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Big turn off for me personally

ReputationRep:
    For me it's a massive turnoff.

yass http://www.tattooset.com/images/tatt...toos_large.jpg
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Personally not too bothered as long as they are not covered head to toe in them.

ReputationRep:
    If they're decent ones, then they are a massive turn on. I do however have high standards of what I consider decent enough to be noteworthy. I'm talking, complex, full coloured, utilising where they are on the body to exemplify the art.

Met a girl once who had a coloured tattoo that went from neck, down the left side of her back all the way down to back of her left knee. It was absolutely eye poppingly gorgeous.

If a tattoo has significance to the owner, it is pretty much always a positive.

ReputationRep:
    Huge turnoff. Would be a dealbreaker if they are exceptionally noticeable. Especially if I was looking for a long term relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forumaddict)
    Big turn off for me personally
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    For me it's a massive turnoff.
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    If they're decent ones, then they are a massive turn on. I do however have high standards of what I consider decent enough to be noteworthy. I'm talking, complex, full coloured, utilising where they are on the body to exemplify the art.

Met a girl once who had a coloured tattoo that went from neck, down the left side of her back all the way down to back of her left knee. It was absolutely eye poppingly gorgeous.

If a tattoo has significance to the owner, it is pretty much always a positive.
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Huge turnoff. Would be a dealbreaker if they are exceptionally noticeable. Especially if I was looking for a long term relationship.
    Why so shallow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Why so shallow?
    Shallow? Everyone was answering a question as to whether they found tattoos on a woman attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Shallow? Everyone was answering a question as to whether they found tattoos on a woman attractive.
    Instantly disregarding a woman based on whether she had a bit on ink underneath her skin could be considered shallow. It's not a reflection of personality or anything

ReputationRep:
    Instantly disregarding a woman based on whether she had a bit on ink underneath her skin could be considered shallow. It's not a reflection of personality or anything
    But only one person said they would disregard a woman based on ink. I said if it was done well I would find it attractive, the other two said they would find it a turn off but that was all.

How the hell is a peice of art you've chosen to had permanently put into your skin not a reflection of personality, surely that is the point of tattoos, self expression?

ReputationRep:
    But only one person said they would disregard a woman based on ink. I said if it was done well I would find it attractive, the other two said they would find it a turn off but that was all.

How the hell is a peice of art you've chosen to had permanently put into your skin not a reflection of personality, surely that is the point of tattoos, self expression?
    Actually that would make 3 then.
    1+2=3.

Because it is a physical characteristic. They didn't even bother to get to know her as a person before dismissing the hypothetical tattooed woman. Its the equivalent of rejecting someone on the basis of hair colour or some other immutable characteristic.

ReputationRep:
    i like them as long as they are not over sized

ReputationRep:
    I think you're confusing attraction with liking. I find tattoos sexually very unattractive, but I tend to get on with tattooy people. Can't help what you find attractive. Obviously I wouldn't disregard an otherwise stunning woman based on a little one, but if I was with a pretty girl, and she took her coat off and had sleeves, I'd be really disappointed.

1+2=3.

Because it is a physical characteristic. They didn't even bother to get to know her as a person before dismissing the hypothetical tattooed woman. Its the equivalent of rejecting someone on the basis of hair colour or some other immutable characteristic.
    You're living up to your username here. The question was "what do you think of tattoos on women"? They've just answered honestly. There was no hypothetical woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    I think you're confusing attraction with liking. I find tattoos sexually very unattractive, but I tend to get on with tattooy people. Can't help what you find attractive. Obviously I wouldn't disregard an otherwise stunning woman based on a little one, but if I was with a pretty girl, and she took her coat off and had sleeves, I'd be really disappointed.
    Why though? It's just ink.

ReputationRep:
    1+2=3.

Except the other two didn't say that they would reject her outright, just that it was a turn off. Most people will do or have traits that both turn on and off their significant other.

It's a physical characteristic that the person has almost complete control over. They chose to get it in the first place, they chose what it was, where it was, what colours they wanted, how big. The best tattoos generally have significance or atleast have been deliberated over quite a bit, fundamentally they will say something about the person who has it. Any art will be saying something.

ReputationRep:
    Except the other two didn't say that they would reject her outright, just that it was a turn off. Most people will do or have traits that both turn on and off their significant other.

It's a physical characteristic that the person has almost complete control over. They chose to get it in the first place, they chose what it was, where it was, what colours they wanted, how big. The best tattoos generally have significance or atleast have been deliberated over quite a bit, fundamentally they will say something about the person who has it. Any art will be saying something.
    Generally speaking if you turned off by something you wouldn't find that attribute attractive and therefore you would not want to have sex with that person because of that. Am I understanding male attraction correctly or is it more complicated than that?

I get what you're saying but what a tattoo means to an outside observer will be different to what it means to be person who got it. You only think you know what it means, therefore your judgement is based on your own perceptions and knowledge, and not theirs. It could mean something completely different to know what it really means you would have to get to know them as a person to find the 'real' meaning behind the tattoo

ReputationRep:
    Why though? It's just ink.
    I just don't find it physically appealing. You could ask that about any physical attraction. It isn't rational. You must have physical preferences? You don't choose them, do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    I just don't find it physically appealing. You could ask that about any physical attraction. It isn't rational. You must have physical preferences? You don't choose them, do you?
    I do but to a certain extent I can overcome them and circumvent them. Can men not do that too?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.