Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    Russian would be such a difficult language to learn, i can barely pronounce properly, are you living in Russia?

yeh im living in russia at the moment cos my parents live out here and im on a gap year....russian is pretty difficult tho...loщk at the alphabet!!!

й ц у к е н г ш щ з х ъ ф ы в а п р о л д ж э я ч с м и т ь б ю

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    it is yeh.... yanisnayoooo.....loads of russians go to cyprus on holiday dont they??? i think its cos they dont need a visa to go there
    lol loads of russians live here!!
    at one stage my school was full of russians, hence being able to say a few things! scola= school! i would try and understand what they were saying, it wasnt that hard
    my friend even tought the to read and write russian during my biology class
    haha iv forgotten most of it now!

ReputationRep:
    I speak arabic, i grew up with it so its not too bad, so how many languages do you learn in cyprus, you seem to be a whiz
    lol far from a whiz! i grew up speakin arabic too, my parents triedto teach me to read and write, hehe impossible!! they even hired a teacher me and my bro and sis used to make fun of!
    i speak green english arabic and im quite good at german!

ReputationRep:
    yeh im living in russia at the moment cos my parents live out here and im on a gap year....russian is pretty difficult tho...loщk at the alphabet!!!

whoa 'first step memorise the alphabet' next step 'give it up'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    lol far from a whiz! i grew up speakin arabic too, my parents triedto teach me to read and write, hehe impossible!! they even hired a teacher me and my bro and sis used to make fun of!
    i speak green english arabic and im quite good at german!
    :eek: i'm gobsmackd why so many languages? you're kinda lucky you can travel the world problem free

ReputationRep:
    we had to go back after the AS exams to study our A2's, its good in a way that you complete the A2 syllabus pretty quick in the second year so you have plenty of time to revise.

ReputationRep:

its quite similar to the greek alphabet so it wasnt that hard for me
    shame iv forgotten most of what i learnt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.r.i.n.i.t.y)
    we had to go back after the AS exams to study our A2's, its good in a way that you complete the A2 syllabus pretty quick in the second year so you have plenty of time to revise.
    yeh i think thats the aim here, i'm actually looking forward to it, its something different and new, it should be fine, do you get given hwk and stuff over the summer. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: i'm gobsmackd why so many languages? you're kinda lucky you can travel the world problem free
    hmm arabic from my parents, greek i live in cyprus! english i go to an international school, german learnt at school pursued to igcse, and went to 3 summer camps to practice it! hehe
    i also lernt french for three years in school, i sort of understnad it when people talk it as its similar to english and german sometimes so its cool!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i think thats the aim here, i'm actually looking forward to it, its something different and new, it should be fine, do you get given hwk and stuff over the summer. :confused:
    Not actually homework, but we get time to plan coursework that we want to do in the coming year, e.g. planning our psychology A2 coursework.

ReputationRep:
    hmm arabic from my parents, greek i live in cyprus! english i go to an international school, german learnt at school pursued to igcse, and went to 3 summer camps to practice it! hehe
    i also lernt french for three years in school, i sort of understnad it when people talk it as its similar to english and german sometimes so its cool!
    so what nationality are you? sorry for all these questions, its just that you don't meet someone like you everyday,

ReputationRep:
    that was the official reason for the two weeks at my old school but everyone just ignored it and didnt bother as most people are just knackered from the exams and partying it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.r.i.n.i.t.y)
    Not actually homework, but we get time to plan coursework that we want to do in the coming year, e.g. planning our psychology A2 coursework.
    i'm dropping psychology, considering its gonna be so damn hard for A2 so thats ok, (hopefully no other coursework is lined up)

ReputationRep:
    thats well impressive!!!

ReputationRep:
    i'm dropping psychology, considering its gonna be so damn hard for A2 so thats ok, (hopefully no other coursework is lined up)
    LOL!! thats good news for you then!

ReputationRep:
    so what nationality are you? sorry for all these questions, its just that you don't meet someone like you everyday,
    heh damn i feelspecial!!
    my parents are originally palestinians, but are refugees so were raised in jordan
    i was born in cyprus
    i have a cypriot passport and a jordanian passport!
    how about you?

ReputationRep:
    thats well impressive!!!
    And I have just realised that you can speak loads of languages and i can barely even speak my own

ReputationRep:
    thats well impressive!!!
    And i can swear in russian
    haha

ReputationRep:
    And I have just realised that you can speak loads of languages and i can barely even speak my own
    spaciba!
    hehe its my parents fault! they refused to let me speak just english ...

ReputationRep:
    And i can swear in russian
    haha
    i dont actually know any swear words!!! i just mix english ones in with whatever im saying and shout them

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.