The Student Room Group

Medical Conferences/Workshops for sixth form?

Is there any medical conferences for sixth form students? I saw that there is a Cambridge Law Conference for sixth form students. Any for medicine?
Original post by yulapkan
Is there any medical conferences for sixth form students? I saw that there is a Cambridge Law Conference for sixth form students. Any for medicine?

If you are from a comprehensive school then kings have a series of lectures related to med, and like a taster course like thing as well.
I think Queen Mary's also does a course as well. I would have a look at them if your interested

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Pikki1234
If you are from a comprehensive school then kings have a series of lectures related to med, and like a taster course like thing as well.
I think Queen Mary's also does a course as well. I would have a look at them if your interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! I'm not from a comprehensive school so King's doesn't have the lectures for me. But I did find some from Queen Mary's. They do taster courses with other uni in the UK. Almost all of them are full so any idea if there're more of them?
Nottingham University have one called MedLink. Its costly but it should be worth it
Reply 4
Cambridge runs some medicine events in the new year. Last medlink in Nottingham had a free day which was quite good. ICSMU Vision which is the imperial medicine Union run events during the year. I attended all of these and found that they were quite good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I think it depends where you live in the country - most(?) or at least some medical schools have events for sixth formers. We have a few up here under different guises.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending