Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm looking to do 4-5 days of work experience at a local primary school (Our school want us to do 5 days but the week they've asked us to do clashes with the Oxford Uni open day that I want to go to, so I'm going to ask the school/my school if I can do 4 days instead of 5)

    What do I need to do? I have an email set out for the school detailing why I'm looking for work experience and why I'd like experience there, and a staff member at my school has advised me to attach my CV just in case they want to look at it.

    I'm guessing I will need a DBS check as I'm 16 and will be 17 at the time of the placement: will MY school pay for this? Or will the primary school? Or will I have to pay for and organise it myself?


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.