Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to UCL to study maths but I didn't put enough effort into my GCSEs and I got A* in maths 2 A's, 6 B's and a C. If I get 4 A's at AS level in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chem with 95+ UMS in the maths modules and got predicted above the entry requirements. Would my GCSEs stop me from getting a offer or even being considered. Also I saw on which? university website that 75% of applicants get an offer at UCL for maths. This seems quite high and it said 98% for warwick! Is this really true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandy16)
    I really want to go to UCL to study maths but I didn't put enough effort into my GCSEs and I got A* in maths 2 A's, 6 B's and a C. If I get 4 A's at AS level in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chem with 95+ UMS in the maths modules and got predicted above the entry requirements. Would my GCSEs stop me from getting a offer or even being considered. Also I saw on which? university website that 75% of applicants get an offer at UCL for maths. This seems quite high and it said 98% for warwick! Is this really true?
    Apparently so. I'm interested in studying maths in a few years ( in yr 11 atm) so did a bit of research to see what a levels I should do . The only GCSE that really matters for maths is .. well .. maths. You got an A* in it which obviously shows you're good . Plus if you get 4As at AS I'd say you'd be guaranteed to get offers from both Warwick and UCL (ps are you doing STEP?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calsiwm_Silicad)
    Apparently so. I'm interested in studying maths in a few years ( in yr 11 atm) so did a bit of research to see what a levels I should do . The only GCSE that really matters for maths is .. well .. maths. You got an A* in it which obviously shows you're good . Plus if you get 4As at AS I'd say you'd be guaranteed to get offers from both Warwick and UCL (ps are you doing STEP?)
    Yeah I'm going to do it next year (year 13). Thats when your supposed to do it, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandy16)
    Yeah I'm going to do it next year (year 13). Thats when your supposed to do it, right?
    I'm only yr 11 but I think so yeah. The first kid ever from my school to do STEP is doing it this year (he's year 13) so I assume that's when. I just asked as Warwick requires it so wondered whether you were aware of that! But anyway , dw about ur gcses they'll be fine. Your AS s are way more important

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.