Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Will be traveling from Uni to Uni but don't know how! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I will be traveling alone to the Uk for the first time this winter and I wanted to know what is the best way to get around? I will be attempting to visit several different Uni's while I'm there and they are all pretty far apart. I won't have a car either so it will have to be by bus and train. Any advice on how to plan for this? I would like to know now before I get over there and have to flounder about. Thank you!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ebrittia)
    Hey guys!
    I will be traveling alone to the Uk for the first time this winter and I wanted to know what is the best way to get around? I will be attempting to visit several different Uni's while I'm there and they are all pretty far apart. I won't have a car either so it will have to be by bus and train. Any advice on how to plan for this? I would like to know now before I get over there and have to flounder about. Thank you!
    Check out the national rail website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Check out the national rail website
    I tried that, but it seems like there is no direct route between them.

Google Maps?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ebrittia)
    I tried that, but it seems like there is no direct route between them.
    Apart from between big cities there aren't always them. Maybe try traveline and put all the places down as via points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Google Maps?
    I'll try that again too. But it wasn't what I was looking for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Apart from between big cities there aren't always them. Maybe try traveline and put all the places down as via points
    Ok thanks! I'll try that! Thank you.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Each unis website should give you directions from the closest train / coach station?

ReputationRep:
    Taxi driver can help you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.