The Student Room Group

Wrong A Levels?

I have come to the realisation that I would like to do a degree in construction, but I feel like I have chosen the wrong a levels...
I am taking:
English literature,
History,
Government and politics,
And sociology.
Will I still be able to do a construction degree with these a levels or are they too unrelated?
Reply 1
Original post by harrietrosemary
I have come to the realisation that I would like to do a degree in construction, but I feel like I have chosen the wrong a levels...
I am taking:
English literature,
History,
Government and politics,
And sociology.
Will I still be able to do a construction degree with these a levels or are they too unrelated?

Im sorry to say this but personally i think they are too unrelated :/
have you found any courses, they usually have requirements written
Reply 3
hmm i think u should try change certain subjects asap its sorta already late however :/ it was a strugglefor me to drop a subject and pick up another 8 weeks into sixth form but i sorta convinced them i literally begged..
honestly u should do the same try your best and dont wait.......better late than never
good luck
The thing is, I love all my subjects and therefore do not want to change, but I also did work experience in construstion and loved that also. So conflicted on what to do...
The thing is, I love all my subjects and therefore do not want to change, but I also did work experience in construstion and loved that also. So conflicted on what to do...

Do you have a careers advisor at your sixth form, because you could go and speak to them and ask, the subjects you have chosen are quite varied though and usually lead to a wide range of jobs opportunities. You don't always needs to take an A level in somethings to be able to do it as a career 😊
Original post by hiyaitsbecky
Do you have a careers advisor at your sixth form, because you could go and speak to them and ask, the subjects you have chosen are quite varied though and usually lead to a wide range of jobs opportunities. You don't always needs to take an A level in somethings to be able to do it as a career 😊

We do not have a careers advisor at sixth form unfortunatly, I am just hoping my a levels do not put me at a disadvantage.
We do not have a careers advisor at sixth form unfortunatly, I am just hoping my a levels do not put me at a disadvantage.

With no science, maths or technology subjects in your A levels you are most certainly at a disadvantage if you want to pursue a degree in construction. One route could be a foundation degree first or degree with integrated foundation year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest