Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello I am 15 and next fall semester, I want to go to a sixthform college for A levels.

I'm looking for schools that state colleges run, such as king's college sixthform, not indipendent ones.

I don't know the exact word of those schools and how I should search on the Internet. Which key word I should search on the Internet?

I'm an international school, so I've heard that I can't go to local schools.

Please give me some advice how those schools are called.. Please help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YooNa_s)
    Hello I am 15 and next fall semester, I want to go to a sixthform college for A levels.

I'm looking for schools that state colleges run, such as king's college sixthform, not indipendent ones.

I don't know the exact word of those schools and how I should search on the Internet. Which key word I should search on the Internet?

I'm an international school, so I've heard that I can't go to local schools.

Please give me some advice how those schools are called.. Please help me
    If you are from a non-EEA country with permission to study in the UK, you are allowed to study in England on the basis that you attend an independent, fee-paying school. You cannot receive a free state funded education in any kind of school. If you are entitled to attend any type of state sixth form then there should be no restrictions on which you can apply to.

Technically a school run by a UK university would be termed a "free school" the only two I know of are the maths school run by Kings College and the school run by Birmingham University.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.