Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to do mechanical engineering at uni and am currently taking these A levels:

Maths,
    Physics,
    Computing,
    Biology.

I've already started A levels so it's too late to choose further maths - I would take it now if I could change but at the time when I chose my A levels I didn't think I'd do engineering and so didn't think doing further maths would be necessary.

So, my question is, when I have to drop either Biology or Computing, which one should I drop? Which is better to have when applying to do mechanical engineering at uni?

ReputationRep:
    IMO keep whichever you think you'll get the better grade in.

There will be some computing related modules (e.g. http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/un...ails/MACE20042) but the A level computing won't help you as much as you might think and they'll be teaching it from scratch anyway since they can only assume prior study of maths and physics.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.