Anyone from Brampton manor academy sixth form?

Watch
tanyakhnm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Heard a lot of rumours that the only reason that Brampton students achieve to high is because they are threatened to be kicked out if they don't do well.... need someone to clarify this.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
inequilibrium
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, this is not true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DanIMP99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tanyakhnm)
Heard a lot of rumours that the only reason that Brampton students achieve to high is because they are threatened to be kicked out if they don't do well.... need someone to clarify this.
Yeah, that is true, at least, according to my friend who goes there. He told me that they threatened to kick him out if he didn't improve. He was on CCCD. Thank God he improved.
dragonblazer11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I go to Brampton manor sixth form at the moment. It is true to an extent. They do kick people out at the end of year 12. But they only kick people out if the get below 3C, because they can drop their 4th subject and they need at least CCC in the subjects they do for year 13. So people do get kicked out. Last year more than 50 people got kicked out
DanIMP99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dragonblazer11)
I go to Brampton manor sixth form at the moment. It is true to an extent. They do kick people out at the end of year 12. But they only kick people out if the get below 3C, because they can drop their 4th subject and they need at least CCC in the subjects they do for year 13. So people do get kicked out. Last year more than 50 people got kicked out
So you're in year 13 at BMA.......

1) What were your AS results?
2) What subjects are you studying?
3) What were your GCSE results?
4) Do you think I could get in predicted 5A*s, 3As and 2Bs, GPA of 7.2?
dragonblazer11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanIMP99)
So you're in year 13 at BMA.......

1) What were your AS results?
2) What subjects are you studying?
3) What were your GCSE results?
4) Do you think I could get in predicted 5A*s, 3As and 2Bs, GPA of 7.2?
I am actually in year 12 at the moment. However, you should be able to easily get in with those grades. They interview everyone with above 6.5 GPA. And in the real exam even if you do a bit bad, they will still take you in. For my year group, they have taken in everyone who has more than 6.0 GPA.
rxns_00
Badges: 13
Report 4 years ago
Surely it's like this in most sixth forms because that's exactly what happened in mine.

Average of 3Cs (or a very good reason for lower average) or you're getting kicked out. Our year is less than half be size of what it was in year 12
Ben4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RonnieRJ)
Surely it's like this in most sixth forms because that's exactly what happened in mine.

Average of 3Cs (or a very good reason for lower average) or you're getting kicked out. Our year is less than half be size of what it was in year 12
Lol ours is 3Ds, if it was 3Cs there would only be around 10 people left in A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
rxns_00
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ben4)
Lol ours is 3Ds, if it was 3Cs there would only be around 10 people left in A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh lmao, yeah a lot of people got in even though they shouldn't have been there really...
Is it a grammar school you go to?? Mines a grammar so maybe that's why it's 3Cs?? Hm idk, bet my school thinks they're prestige haha :rolleyes:
Ben4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RonnieRJ)
Ahh lmao, yeah a lot of people got in even though they shouldn't have been there really...
Is it a grammar school you go to?? Mines a grammar so maybe that's why it's 3Cs?? Hm idk, bet my school thinks they're prestige haha :rolleyes:
No its not a grammar. Some people had 'excuses' so were allowed to stay on. Haha a lot of schools think they are top notch. Mine do but really its awful. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
rxns_00
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ben4)
No its not a grammar. Some people had 'excuses' so were allowed to stay on. Haha a lot of schools think they are top notch. Mine do but really its awful. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah a lot of people did in mine but I don't see how, some people hardly come to school and stayed on lol

But yeah omg, under every logo of our school it says "A selective girls grammar school with academy status" lmao
DanIMP99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am actually in year 12 at the moment. However, you should be able to easily get in with those grades. They interview everyone with above 6.5 GPA. And in the real exam even if you do a bit bad, they will still take you in. For my year group, they have taken in everyone who has more than 6.0 GPA.
Good news!!!
What were your GCSE results?
dragonblazer11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanIMP99)
Good news!!!
What were your GCSE results?
not that great
tanyakhnm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks for all the replies. I'm still going to apply to Brampton however I'm not too keen on it as, if I do happen to get accepted, I know that once I get there, it's going to be very competitive.
Frizzy876
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Going to start at Brampton this September!!

Just two questions:
- When/How often is the bursary paid?
- Do we have to buy our own exercise books/can we use our own if we want to?

Thanks
dragonblazer11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Frizzy876)
Going to start at Brampton this September!!

Just two questions:
- When/How often is the bursary paid?
- Do we have to buy our own exercise books/can we use our own if we want to?

Thanks
you get bursary at the end of every term .
u can use your own exercise books if you want. they usually give lined paper.
Frizzy876
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you get bursary at the end of every term .
u can use your own exercise books if you want. they usually give lined paper.
Thank you
dragonblazer11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Frizzy876)
Thank you
are you going Brampton now? How is it?
dragonblazer11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i might see you around, in year 13 at the moment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (178)
15.27%
Uncertainty around my education (192)
16.47%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (114)
9.78%
Isolating with family (80)
6.86%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (44)
3.77%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (99)
8.49%
Loneliness (114)
9.78%
Financial worries (52)
4.46%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (109)
9.35%
Exposure to negative news/social media (85)
7.29%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (99)
8.49%

Watched Threads