Turn on thread page Beta

Isometric projections - architecture / engineering watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've been struggling with this for ages, I need to draw an isometric projection using these three views (side, front then plan at the bottom)
    Hidden lines are dotted
    Each time I've attempted it it's come out a giant mess, so I would appreciate some help
    Thank you

Name:  Scan_20151112 (2).jpg
Views: 51
Size:  8.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    you mean how to do isometric? I would do a feint straight horizontal line along the bottom then in the middle of this feint line a vertical. Then get a 30/60 degree set square (the unequal sided one) and draw a line either side from the central point where the horizontal and vertical line meet that you drew. Then measure out the two lengths of your box along the two 30 degree lines you have drawn (one shorter for the side, one longer for the front). Then vertical line upwards, feint then going round at the end in say a 2B pencil once all lines have been marked out. So just continue with 30 degree line thereafter with plan on top. There's a hidden line in there but I wouldnt be thrown by that, draw as is. Would guess there's probably tube video out there on Isometrics as well, so pretty straightforward.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.