The Student Room Group

Why is this racist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by DiddyDec
That is an interesting one. Recently we have been seeing a major shift in economic power from the historically white to the black population as the violence escalates.

The ruling party, the ANC haven't helped matters in fact they made it worse, stoking the fires of hatred. Once a great party now rife with corruption.

I see you didn't get the "White farmers" myth that you expected so you keep pushing. They are all as bad as each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually my question was open ended... whether you believe or have been taught it was a myth is neither here nor there... History chronicles that a protected class enslaved or practically enslaved another non-protected class...

Its just that simple...
Reply 61
Original post by voiceofreason234
Lol, typical black intelligence.

White people commit more crimes in England because 80% of the country is white. Go try and research 'per capita' and what it means.

If blacks make up 2% of the population but commit 20% of the crime, clearly the black has a criminal mindset.

WOW!!! I didn't know any type of intelligence was typical let alone something called "black intelligence"... care to elaborate?

However I do applaud you for one thing, you do not try to mask your contempt... I will at least give you that...

But in reply to your "statistic"... have you accounted for the probability of white people getting arrested less for similar offences as ethnic minorities due to inherent bias...

Equally have you considered that ethnic minorities could be targeted more for the exact same reason... case in point this occurrence at the apple store... back to you...
Reply 62
Original post by Ashtar
We don't know their behavior that made security get suspicious, so we can't really say.

Well we do know that Apple apologised so how and was their behaviour... why is the onus on them to prove they were not acting up? Why would you put the focus on their behaviour instead of what you have seen in the video, where they were trying to engage with the store employee, his response to their engagement and the words used in his response... "We think you might do something..." seriously...
Genuine racism is a kind of hatred or disdain in the heart for whole categories of people. Due to the brevity (and perhaps the selectivity) of the clip, we do not know what was in the shopkeeper's heart - maybe he saw teenagers, maybe he saw blacks. Thus, I would not jump to conclusions.

That being said, I am a person of mixed race (Chinese/German) and I know what it is like to suspect racist motives behind unpleasant behaviors. I did for years and concluded it was a waste of energy. Now I almost never even think about it, though occasionally I get offensive gestures, like some car passenger pulling up his eyes if I don't let someone ahead of me. It's really best to develop a thick skin and not rely on authorities to try to change people unless there is something particularly egregious, like a direct racial slur in the workplace. There are creeps everywhere.
Reply 64
Original post by vnupe
Well we do know that Apple apologised so how and was their behaviour... why is the onus on them to prove they were not acting up? Why would you put the focus on their behaviour instead of what you have seen in the video, where they were trying to engage with the store employee, his response to their engagement and the words used in his response... "We think you might do something..." seriously...

Apple apologized for PR reasons, as I said we don't know what reasons the security had to kick them out.
Reply 65
Original post by Ashtar
Apple apologized for PR reasons, as I said we don't know what reasons the security had to kick them out.

Hahahahah I see what you are doing... You are sticking to a simple narative... As it helps you to believe the only reason they apologized was due to PR

That they cannot withstand the PR of one of their stores demanding that students of colour leave the store for doing nothing wrong....

YUP... I now see the error of my ways... Corporate Apple apologies for doing the right thing towards troublemaking ethnic teenagers that were running amok in their store robbing and pillaging... And don't forget pilfering....

OR they apologized because one of their employees let his racist beliefs impact Apple's credibility and potentially their bottom line... Due to the power of the cellphone video... Probably an iPhone no doubt...

I hope you recognize the intended sarcasm and the absurdity of your comment
Original post by vnupe
You are sticking to a simple narative...

The simple narrative - one that happens everyday in every High Street - is that shops often have a policy of guarding against shoplifting and marauding by banning or asking to leave (often with warning notices, though not always) any group of young people greater than a pair, of any colour, race, creed, sexual orientation, hair colour, tattoo coverage, or size - and no matter how well behaved.
Original post by david_94
Typical uneducated white intelligence in-fact,

By your ability to read and study a source of information, you have concluded that White British people and Black make up 100% of the UK crimes, lmao. I guess Asians, Eastern Europeans, South Americans and Australians have never committed a criminal offence in the UK? If you re-read the source, which might be difficult for you because you appear to be illiterate, you may see the term BME, which means black minority ethnic, thereby including everyone in the UK who is not identified as White British. Now what you failed to correctly imply is that, '80% of crime committed in Britain is by whites, and 20% by BME groups' that would indeed be very logical, because 80% of Britain is White British, and 20% is Black Minority Ethnic. I guess they don't tell you that on the BNP Website, I'm sure that they try to use as few words and numbers as possible for the small-minded.

What your source also doesn't inform you of, is that BME groups are much more likely to be charged with an offence than their white counterparts, convicted than their white counterparts, are much more likely to be given longer sentences than their white counterparts. And it regards to us black people in the UK, we are 2% of the population, we are 6.6 times more likely to be stopped and search by white people, which would naturally lead to the black community having disproportionate crime rates, and there are some crimes we are more likely to commit than our white counterparts, and yet there are actually more crimes that our white counter-parts our likely to commit than us.

Yet the thing that's most ironic about a great deal of the white population in Britain is, many of you have this ingrained sub-conscious fear of black people, you love to judge us before knowing us, and yet in most parts of the UK, you'll walk or drive past 100 people that are white before you see a black person, so you've already walked past a potential murderer or rapist, potentially smiled at them, held the door open for them. Because at the end of the day, people are criminals, not colours. So sorry to spoil another privileged kids logic 'I am a genius, I left school with 2 GCSE's in general studies, and I spend most of my day reading tabloids'.

N*gger please. Whites make up 80% of the population but commit less than 80% of the crime.

The only thing your people are genuinely better at that whites is running - no doubt an evolutionary trait due to your peoples many years of running from the police.
The USA is more racist than Australia you're an Indian.
Original post by voiceofreason234
N*gger please. Whites make up 80% of the population but commit less than 80% of the crime.

The only thing your people are genuinely better at that whites is running - no doubt an evolutionary trait due to your peoples many years of running from the police.

My apologies uneducated sir, I don't usually take the word of an internet trolling racist, who is most likely a fat unattractive nerd that got bullied at school, as a credible source of information. Perhaps you could share this source with me?

That's a great joke, very original, because evolution happens in a few hundred years, you must have went to a great school. What most of you moronic trolls don't realise is, when you make such stupid ill-thought illogical comments, all they do is reveal your lack of education. But I guess attacking an entire race of people based on inaccurate facts sums up your morals, don't take it personally, my brain just doesn't allow me to register attacks from weak people, how's it feel to be trash?
Reply 70
Original post by Good bloke
The simple narrative - one that happens everyday in every High Street - is that shops often have a policy of guarding against shoplifting and marauding by banning or asking to leave (often with warning notices, though not always) any group of young people greater than a pair, of any colour, race, creed, sexual orientation, hair colour, tattoo coverage, or size - and no matter how well behaved.

Yeah they also don't all issue apologies when they are caught with them trousers by their ankles, for profiling and discrimination... based on skin colour and proposed behaviour...

Quick Reply

Latest