x Turn on thread page Beta

UniMatch beta watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hello everyone :wavey:

I have been beavering away with the community, our support team and students for the last four months to develop a new university course search tool for students to use on The Student Room.

You can find it here on our new applying to uni page which shares all of our latest key advice, support and resources.

Based on feedback from students we have created the beta version of Uni Match to combine student peer-to-peer support from our applying to uni and university forums with a university and course search tool.

It includes 396 university and higher education colleges and around 30,000 courses and at the moment we have used the KIS and HESA national datasets to provide us with this information.

You can use our four-step Uni Match tool to search for courses and unis. It can also provide you with a range of courses based on the grades / predicted grades that you enter and you can amend and update these accordingly.

You can search for courses based on how far you would like to live away from home or you your preferred region of the UK.

You might also remember that we asked you to review your uni back in August......

:bl: Well, we were blown away when 12,000 of you completed the 5 part review. The overall reviews are now live and can be viewed on step 3 of the tool.

If you would still like to submit a review on your uni you can do so here

We have user-tested this tool with AS and A2 students and will continue to do so. This is a beta version so we already have improvements and a plan to build and integrate new functionality into this tool. The university support team have also provided me with their feedback and ideas for how we develop this.

Have a play and share the things you like and your suggestions for improvements with me. We have development time booked in which means that we will constant updates and improvements across the year.

And if you would like to provide some more detailed feedback on your experience of using the tool you can do so here.

Hannah
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not really feedback... more like suggestions? So I'll post them here.

I like it, my one criticism it that there is not much information for disabled, mature and non-standard students. Perhaps you could add some articles which talk about the various routes into university if you don't have A levels, the finance options available (differences between full-time and part-time, 24+ loan), using an employer as your UCAS reference, living with younger students (maybe some personal stories from TSR mature students), Oxbridge mature colleges, ELQ-exempted degrees, going to university with young children, Disabled Students Allowance, student disability services / what support is available at individual universities... etc
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    :awesome: my review of my uni was used
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :awesome: my review of my uni was used
    £££££££££

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.