Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I really fancy this guy at the gym watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've been going now for a couple months and I see him all the time as we both seem to go in at the same time, he's literally so hot but I don't even have the confidence to even smile at him... What if he has a girlfriend too?

Advice please

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you go and start a conversation with him? You'll never know if you don't try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Why don't you go and start a conversation with him? You'll never know if you don't try
    It sounds so silly and normally I'm so confident but I can't even smile at him without getting nervous I just don't have the balls too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharleeB96)
    It sounds so silly and normally I'm so confident but I can't even smile at him without getting nervous I just don't have the balls too
    Well if you don't nothing will ever happen. The worst he can say is no, in which case you're no worse off

ReputationRep:
    So I've been going now for a couple months and I see him all the time as we both seem to go in at the same time, he's literally so hot but I don't even have the confidence to even smile at him... What if he has a girlfriend too?

Advice please
    Hey I know you you always give me the eye contact on the treadmill. Truth is im single and ready to mingle approach me and who knows what could happen

ReputationRep:
    Maybe just try smiling at him a few times and if she smiles back, he might go ahead and speak to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willeddy69)
    this is his girlfriend, would you please stop raping him in the shower, he comes home crying and bleeding everytime. Its really straining our relationship.
    We are over! ive said this countless times it was a one night stand and i only ****ed you cause you were unconcious, please i know it hurt because im hung but im with Charlie now she's hot asf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Maybe just try smiling at him a few times and if she smiles back, he might go ahead and speak to you.
    Or he will tell you to f off you creep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabianhorrox1)
    Or he will tell you to f off you creep
    lool, I doubt that's going to happen, he will either smile back if he is interested or just ignore her.

ReputationRep:
    Do not Appraoch him. Be Modest

Tell your parents you fancy this guy , than if he's of good standard , arrange a marriage.
    Remember sex before marriage is a major sin.

ReputationRep:
    OP just ignore the foolish jokers above. this is not Chat.

You could maybe ask the gentleman to "spot" for you or to advise you on your training plan ?

If he is interested it will become obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha well this chat took a turn for the worst. I think I'll just take baby steps, I'll try smiling at him first and see if I get any thing back. Thanks guys
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    Well if you don't nothing will ever happen. The worst he can say is no, in which case you're no worse off
    Pretty much this OP, unless you do something you are never going to know either way.

ReputationRep:
    Girl in the gym is the easiest scenario to flirt with a guy.

Take Bear's advice and ask him for help with some machine or exercise. Then you make flirtatious comments like "you must use this stuff all the time" while staring at his muscles. Throw in a "do guys like girls who work out?" followed up with a "does your girlfriend work out?" and you have everything you need to know.

If you haven't scared him away by then...game on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Modesty)
    Do not Appraoch him. Be Modest

Tell your parents you fancy this guy , than if he's of good standard , arrange a marriage.
    Remember sex before marriage is a major sin.
    She should approach him if she fancies him and sex before marriage isn't a sin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    She should approach him if she fancies him and sex before marriage isn't a sin.
    We are not animals , we can't go round having sex with all the opposite genders we find attractive. Self control is important i life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Modesty)
    We are not animals , we can't go round having sex with all the opposite genders we find attractive. Self control is important i life.
    Humans are animals tho.
    self control is one thing, dissuading people from approaching members of the opposite sex is something completely different. In fact i think you need self control in advising others to follow and carry out your worldview.
    Being modest and not talking to people of the opposite sex are not mutually exclusive traits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    Girl in the gym is the easiest scenario to flirt with a guy.

Take Bear's advice and ask him for help with some machine or exercise. Then you make flirtatious comments like "you must use this stuff all the time" while staring at his muscles. Throw in a "do guys like girls who work out?" followed up with a "does your girlfriend work out?" and you have everything you need to know.

If you haven't scared him away by then...game on!

The only problem with this is, I smile at other guys at the gym, and they do back. They have that "friendly" vibe where as he doesn't, he doesn't seem so welcoming... Also I've gotten quite good at knowing what to do in the gym so just going up to him would be pointless, especially if I can't even get to smiling at him first. I feel so pathetic hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueReptiles)
    Humans are animals tho.
    self control is one thing, dissuading people from approaching members of the opposite sex is something completely different. In fact i think you need self control in advising others to follow and carry out your worldview.
    Being modest and not talking to people of the opposite sex are not mutually exclusive traits.
    Scientists also say that humans evolved from monkeys but we know thats not true.

As i always told my science teacher(who was an atheist and would argue with me about creation to the ground) 'you're ancestors maybe of been monkeys but mine were walking talking people.

I should back off and let people live the way they want to be.
    But everyone will be questioned for their actions on judgement day.

ReputationRep:
    The only problem with this is, I smile at other guys at the gym, and they do back. They have that "friendly" vibe where as he doesn't, he doesn't seem so welcoming... Also I've gotten quite good at knowing what to do in the gym so just going up to him would be pointless, especially if I can't even get to smiling at him first. I feel so pathetic hahaha
    Bite the bullet and go chat to him. You can do this. Just start a casual convo related to the gym and get the ball rolling.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.