ReputationRep:
    This has to be a joke surely?!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    No, it's actually real life! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    There has clearly been an error by Whitehall. Service cuts were meant to be targeted at Labour run councils and the benefits claiming scum that live in them, not the fine upstanding folk of the Cotswolds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-services.html

COMEDY GOLD.

How do the Tories here feel about this?
    Cameron recently managed to brush off performing a sex act on a pig, a real pig. This letter is very embarrassing for any other politician and would show them to be an out of touch numpty of epic proportions but Dave always manages to get over these kind of things.

On a side note why the whole country insists on voting for Eton boys/posh toffs who have no idea how ordinary people live is beyond me. I mean Cameron may be surprised at how much his cuts have hit people but any guy on the street could have told him this years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Cameron recently managed to brush off performing a sex act on a pig, a real pig. This letter is very embarrassing for any other politician and would show them to be an out of touch numpty of epic proportions but Dave always manages to get over these kind of things.

On a side note why the whole country insists on voting for Eton boys/posh toffs who have no idea how ordinary people live is beyond me. I mean Cameron may be surprised at how much his cuts have hit people but any guy on the street could have told him this years ago.
    I guess they are just led to believe that they are the only people who know how and us peasants wouldn't be expected to understand the big boy's work. It seems to work though for the majority of the public I mean this in particular just shows how far out of touch Cameron is (and this is Oxfordshire, one of the wealthiest counties in the country) wet people still have faith in him, it is completely mind boggling, it's almost like people are brainwashed.

Seriously don't think papers/news help either, but then a lot of the papers and journalists are made up of very similar people so they're not really going to try and turn people against that are they?!

ReputationRep:
    Funny how labour councils have been hit biggest by the cuts whereas Tory councils like Surrey have actually seen an increase in funding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightwing_)
    I guess they are just led to believe that they are the only people who know how and us peasants wouldn't be expected to understand the big boy's work. It seems to work though for the majority of the public I mean this in particular just shows how far out of touch Cameron is (and this is Oxfordshire, one of the wealthiest counties in the country) wet people still have faith in him, it is completely mind boggling, it's almost like people are brainwashed.

Seriously don't think papers/news help either, but then a lot of the papers and journalists are made up of very similar people so they're not really going to try and turn people against that are they?!
    The public are at fault here. They elect these parties who get their funding straight from the 1% via hedge funds, bankers etc. They then are happy to vote for people within these parties who are also from the 1%. See what the background of Cameron and Osbourne is regarding off shore tax havens. I mean the latter is the man in charge of the economy, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, and he is a baron! Hardly a man of the people.

So as a result the parties are funded by the 1%, with MP's and leaders from the 1%, all following the party line in any case. And the public vote for them and wonder why we have an economic policy geared toward the banks, etc.

For example Quantitative Easing, this obsession with inflation rather than boosting demand for some strange reason (it is good for stock markets, bad for everyone else). I could go on but my point is that if the public cannot see just by looking at where the parties get their money from and where their leaders come from what their true intentions are they are so stupid they deserve to be mugged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    It is indeed a joke. The Prime Minister seemed to believe that he could turn up, order savage cuts at a time of rising demand, and still see services deliver suitable quality.

He also believed that he could get rid of the deficit purely by cuts and generally looking at the poorest people to get it from. If you want to pay off a 1.5 trillion debt I think going after jobseekers on £55 a week isn't going to help really, perhaps try going after your party donors?

This just shows how out of touch he really is.

Not that Labour are a better option by any means, but that has been discussed to death on here.

ReputationRep:
    The public are at fault here. They elect these parties who get their funding straight from the 1% via hedge funds, bankers etc. They then are happy to vote for people within these parties who are also from the 1%. See what the background of Cameron and Osbourne is regarding off shore tax havens. I mean the latter is the man in charge of the economy, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, and he is a baron! Hardly a man of the people.

So as a result the parties are funded by the 1%, with MP's and leaders from the 1%, all following the party line in any case. And the public vote for them and wonder why we have an economic policy geared toward the banks, etc.

For example Quantitative Easing, this obsession with inflation rather than boosting demand for some strange reason (it is good for stock markets, bad for everyone else). I could go on but my point is that if the public cannot see just by looking at where the parties get their money from and where their leaders come from what their true intentions are they are so stupid they deserve to be mugged.
    I think I am largely in agreement, but I would probably call them ignorant rather than stupid. Unfortunately there are many intelligent people that just do not actually look into it and if Cameron and the majority of the press says the Torys are doing great, then they are like, oh apparently they're doing great so I'd best vote for them again. I really wish people would just stop voting based on gut instinct and actually do even minimal research.

ReputationRep:
    It is indeed a joke. The Prime Minister seemed to believe that he could turn up, order savage cuts at a time of rising demand, and still see services deliver suitable quality.

He also believed that he could get rid of the deficit purely by cuts and generally looking at the poorest people to get it from. If you want to pay off a 1.5 trillion debt I think going after jobseekers on £55 a week isn't going to help really, perhaps try going after your party donors?

This just shows how out of touch he really is.

Not that Labour are a better option by any means, but that has been discussed to death on here.
    At least Labour are now a different option. Before the election they didn't seem to stand for anything, they promised cuts, but not as strong as the tories, they promised restrictions on immigration, but again not as hard as other parties were offering, they had nothing to argue for. At the very least, they now seem to have a bit more of a focus, even if it takes Corbyn a while to change the direction of the whole party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-services.html

COMEDY GOLD.

How do the Tories here feel about this?
    What do you expect, he only went to Oxford

ReputationRep:
    So big Dave, so big

ReputationRep:
    Hardly going to put off voters, sadly.

ReputationRep:

You sound like me :eek3:

You know what kind of governments stand up to economically privileged classes/groups? Left wing ones. :eek3:
    (Original post by Nightwing_)
    At least Labour are now a different option.
    but labour are the party of GORDON BROWN :eek3:

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    You could say he is pig ignorant.

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Just spotted this on the inerwebs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

but labour are the party of GORDON BROWN :eek3:

:eek3:
    They were the party of Gordon Brown. Not any more.

Don't know why I'm sticking up for Labour so much! I guess it's just the first time in my lifetime they appear to be attempting to offer something more left wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    but labour are the party of GORDON BROWN :eek3::eek3:
    OI. Don't you dare say anything bad about our hero, the great clunking fist, Dr. Brown.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.