Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Not attending classes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sorry this is a long post,

Hi all, basically i've chosen the wrong degree and am now starting to look into changing it to something completely different. Im currently studying maths because i thought it was something im good at but now at uni i hate everything about it, there isnt even a small part i enjoy, it just makes me feel completely overwhelmed. I was at college before this studying engineering and was told i would be fine to take a maths degree after it. Turns out the maths is so much more advanced than me or my previous tutors were aware. I have been getting into an awful state, crying, anxiety attacks and i also have seizures when extremely stressed so i havent been attending my lectures so i dont stress out. Ive also missed the maximum amount of seminars i'm allowed to and now not sure what to do. I desperately want to change my degree to something i love but dont feel i want to keep atrending the maths classes! What should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Sounds horrendous. Go to your Union and seek out the Student Welfare office. They will be able to help you find the way forward. You are not the first to go through this.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Firstly speak to counselling, as they will help with the transition and pressure you are facing. Then speak to admissions and unions which give advice. Book an appointment with the degree leader on which you want to change too. e.g. if you want to do art... book an appointment with the degree leader of art to discuss your options.

loads of people change degree. Nothing to worry about

(Original post by Songbirdy90)
    Sorry this is a long post,

Hi all, basically i've chosen the wrong degree and am now starting to look into changing it to something completely different. Im currently studying maths because i thought it was something im good at but now at uni i hate everything about it, there isnt even a small part i enjoy, it just makes me feel completely overwhelmed. I was at college before this studying engineering and was told i would be fine to take a maths degree after it. Turns out the maths is so much more advanced than me or my previous tutors were aware. I have been getting into an awful state, crying, anxiety attacks and i also have seizures when extremely stressed so i havent been attending my lectures so i dont stress out. Ive also missed the maximum amount of seminars i'm allowed to and now not sure what to do. I desperately want to change my degree to something i love but dont feel i want to keep atrending the maths classes! What should i do?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.