Turn on thread page Beta

I want to make a thread to help others or just to discuss songs that have helped you when you're going/gone through a rough patch to do with love or relationships.

Here's a few of mine:

Jo-Jo: Too Little Too Late, When Love Hurts, Say Love and Save My Soul

Ariana Grande: Problem, Break Your Heart Right Back

Mariah Carey: Standing O, Angels Cry, More than Just Friends, Shake it Off, H.A.T.E. U

Ed Sheeran: Shirtsleeves, Nina, Don't, I Don't Need You

Rihanna: Complicated, Fading, Raining Men, We All Want Love, Drunk on Love, Farewell, Stay, What Now? and No Love Allowed.

Taylor Swift: pretty much all of her songs are uplifting!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Ariana Grande - break free.

ReputationRep:
    Justin Timberlake - TKO

Justin Timberlake - Drink You Away

Michael Jackson - Don't Walk Away

ReputationRep:
    P!nk- So What

You'll be surprised how happy you feel after the end of the song about your breakup

Alicia Keys - Lesson Learned

Rihanna - Take a bow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to make a thread to help others or just to discuss songs that have helped you when you're going/gone through a rough patch to do with love or relationships.

Here's a few of mine:

Jo-Jo: Too Little Too Late, When Love Hurts, Say Love and Save My Soul

Ariana Grande: Problem, Break Your Heart Right Back

Mariah Carey: Standing O, Angels Cry, More than Just Friends, Shake it Off, H.A.T.E. U

Ed Sheeran: Shirtsleeves, Nina, Don't, I Don't Need You

Rihanna: Complicated, Fading, Raining Men, We All Want Love, Drunk on Love, Farewell, Stay, What Now? and No Love Allowed.

Taylor Swift: pretty much all of her songs are uplifting!
    Personally depressing songs aint gonna help anyone get over a breakup or whatever it is that they are hurting from.

Amerie- one thing
    Nicki Minaj- Envy
    Nicki Minaj- I am the leader
    Rihanna- Get it over with

(Original post by supreetkaur)
    Personally depressing songs aint gonna help anyone get over a breakup or whatever it is that they are hurting from.
    I agree the depressing ones should only be used briefly. Much better to use empowering songs to get over someone.

Which reminds me - Roar and Part of Me by Katy Perry

ReputationRep:
    Just listen to some heavy metal to block out the pain </3

ReputationRep:
    David Guetta - Titanium (feat. Sia)

Trussssst me, it helps.

ReputationRep:
    Check out Against The Current's music. I always play it if I'm starting to feel a little down

Especially their EP Gravity and their new single Outsiders :woo: makes me so happy...

ReputationRep:
    Bit old school but Kaiser Cheifs - Everyday I Love You Less and Less.

ReputationRep:
    Jar of hearts- christina perri
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anything by Metallica, Korn, well any metal really. Bon Jovi - It's My Life, Pink You And Your Hand.

ReputationRep:
    Forget Her - Jeff Buckley
    Just Like A Woman - Jeff Buckley
    Losing My Religion - REM
    Someone Like You - Adele
    505 - Arctic Monkeys
    Anything by Radiohead

And then If you just have plain and simple angst then out of heavier music I'd say Nirvana, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down...

ReputationRep:
    Kelly clarkson's songs are wonderful when going through a break up. And Adele.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Alexion)
    Check out Against The Current's music. I always play it if I'm starting to feel a little down

Especially their EP Gravity and their new single Outsiders :woo: makes me so happy...
    You know of Against the Current! Do you know of any of the other youtubers that they are associated with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    You know of Against the Current! Do you know of any of the other youtubers that they are associated with?
    I don't, no

A friend pointed me towards them and I have all their music saved on Spotify, but I haven't explored their YouTube presence...

ReputationRep:
    Flor - Unsaid

That's it! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    As the Shroud of Suffering Suffocates the Land

by Shuriken Cadaveric Entwinement

(Original post by Alexion)
    I don't, no

A friend pointed me towards them and I have all their music saved on Spotify, but I haven't explored their YouTube presence...
    Well they have a YouTube channel and they used to post covers before they were really known and collaborated with the other YouTubers they know too.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.