Turn on thread page Beta

Will I get sacked from Sainsburys for doing this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I started a job at sainsburys about 2 months ago. On my last shift, the checkout manager asked me whether I wanted to do overtime, I asked what day? She goes thursday and i agreed. So I went on thursday, and thet go I was meant to be in on wednesday, and we had a little chat about how i thought she said thursday. They didnt ring me on wednesday to ask if I was coming in for my shift, because they 'didnt have my number' which is weird because ive been rung by sainsburys before on my number. Anyway, will i get fired for making a genuine mistake?

ReputationRep:
    doubt it, wouldn't be worth hiring someone new over that, especially given it was overtime, just be apologetic and offer to do another shift to make it up to them - I would try and confirm something like that over text if possible as then you can point to it and say 'you said this'

ReputationRep:
    I'd be really suprised if they did - I've done that before when I used to work in a department store. If it's an honest mistake just apologise, it wouldn't be worth firing you over something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaskamalS)
    Hey guys, I started a job at sainsburys about 2 months ago. On my last shift, the checkout manager asked me whether I wanted to do overtime, I asked what day? She goes thursday and i agreed. So I went on thursday, and thet go I was meant to be in on wednesday, and we had a little chat about how i thought she said thursday. They didnt ring me on wednesday to ask if I was coming in for my shift, because they 'didnt have my number' which is weird because ive been rung by sainsburys before on my number. Anyway, will i get fired for making a genuine mistake?

Almost certainly not, legally it would be pretty much impossible unless you have made tonnes of mistakes and received warnings already! They would only be able to pressure you to leave informally but, again, it's unlikely they'll do that for a genuine (and small) error

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaskamalS)
    Nah, it;s no big deal, dont sweat it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.