Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling so alone.Am I the only one? watch

Announcements

I got tickets to my favourite band and I bought a second one for one of my friends who also really likes them. She went into labour early last Friday so wasn't able to come (25 weeks pregnant). Today was the date of the concert and I feel so alone. I have two tickets here and I have absolutely no one that can come with me. Not a single person. It's not about the concert, it's more that it's just brought home how alone I am in the world.

From the age of 18 I have lived alone. I'm now 26 so 8 years I've been by myself. I spend about 90% of my time on my own and actually look forward to lectures when I will be around people. I used to feel trapped at home around people and have always been introvert but being alone this much would probably drive anyone a bit mad.
    I have had men interested but I only really feel an attraction once I've known someone for some time. I'm not around any men so it's unlikely I will grow any attraction for anyone anytime soon.

I have a two year old son from my only long term relationship and it's such a mundane task looking after him. I have no freedom except when he goes to his dad's house.

I would love to work. It would open up so many possibilities and I feel like my life would start again. I am unable to work until I get given my final year work placement so until I start that I am stuck feeling like this.

I have a lot of people who like me and in some ways you could say a lot of friends. But I don't feel close to any of them. No one 'gets' me.

Anyone else the same? Is it weird to be lonely and alone in your twenties?

ReputationRep:
    It's isn't weird. Considered volunteering? Great way to meet new people

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.