Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, applied to Southampton, Aberdeen, UCLan, Exeter Medicine...and also Exeter Medical Science as a fifth option since my main goal is Medicine.

Applied on Oct. 15, heard back from UCLan asking for things so that was a good sign, but heard literally nothing back from others (except for the acknowledgement of receipt of application which seems like an automated thing so doesn't seem to mean anything). Any ideas? Starting to get worried. Also, I'm taking A-levels at an open college to better my chances and my predicted grades will be out in like a couple weeks max, so I didn't add them to the application since I didn't have them. But only one (UCLan) asked me for them, no one else asked at all and I don't know how to send them without a request Should I be worried that they just cut me due to some part of my application? I checked UCAS and that had no notifications either. I thought maybe medicine takes time to receive replies from but nothing from Exeter Med Science when people are already getting offers?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Hey guys, applied to Southampton, Aberdeen, UCLan, Exeter Medicine...and also Exeter Medical Science as a fifth option since my main goal is Medicine.

Applied on Oct. 15, heard back from UCLan asking for things so that was a good sign, but heard literally nothing back from others (except for the acknowledgement of receipt of application which seems like an automated thing so doesn't seem to mean anything). Any ideas? Starting to get worried. Also, I'm taking A-levels at an open college to better my chances and my predicted grades will be out in like a couple weeks max, so I didn't add them to the application since I didn't have them. But only one (UCLan) asked me for them, no one else asked at all and I don't know how to send them without a request Should I be worried that they just cut me due to some part of my application? I checked UCAS and that had no notifications either. I thought maybe medicine takes time to receive replies from but nothing from Exeter Med Science when people are already getting offers?!
    I'm also applying for medicine at Exeter. Don't sweat it, I don't even think they've started sending out interview invitations and most med schools won't until early December aha

ReputationRep:
    It's honestly nothing to be concerned about. I know the waiting sucks and it's easy to drive yourself crazy thinking about it, but at this stage it's perfectly normal to have heard little or nothing at all. We're not even a month into the admissions cycle yet

ReputationRep:
    You sent out your application just 3 weeks ago; it's way too early to be expecting anything.

ReputationRep:
    Alright fair enough. Thanks guys! Guess I was just a little worried considering all those posts of people getting offers already. (To programmes other than Medicine but still)

ReputationRep:
    when i got Southampton medicine they took ages to reply. Chase them up if you don't receive a reply at least by mid January. As far as i can recall they have until march/april to let you know whether you will be offered an interview. I got my Bristol Interview in mid April :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamranhyder)
    when i got Southampton medicine they took ages to reply. Chase them up if you don't receive a reply at least by mid January. As far as i can recall they have until march/april to let you know whether you will be offered an interview. I got my Bristol Interview in mid April :L
    Woah! That wait would kill me :O

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.