Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have an interview at Bath Spa University at the end of this month and was wondering if anyone could give me tips on what to expect.
    I have also been told to prepare a 5 minute micro-teach, any ideas on what I could do this on?

This is what they have said to me:
    You are invited to prepare a 5 minute micro-teach episode to a maximum of 6 other adults on an area of interest to me (NB this does not have to be related to a specific area of the curriculum). You should prepare and bring practical, manageable resources to use with the group. This should be an interactive task, not a presentation, and focused on teaching adults rather than children. You may wish to teach a particular skill (eg how to make an origami model, how to tie certain knots, how to carry out a first aid technique etc) or teach something specific (eg a song, how to identify particular plants etc). These are examples and are simply used to illustrate the breadth of possible teaching foci. You should think carefully about teaching strategies that you will use and resources that will support your teaching.You will be asked to verbally evaluate your teaching activityYou will be asked to give feedback to others and receive feedback on teaching activities.You will be asked to work collaboratively in order to agree on attributes that make an effective teacher.

Anyone that could give me any help would be so amazing!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Have you had your interview? How did it go?

I have one for Bath this month and have no idea what to do for the micro teach episode?

Daisy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisymeg)
    Have you had your interview? How did it go?

I have one for Bath this month and have no idea what to do for the micro teach episode?

Daisy
    See OP - loads of examples, but think outside of the box and bring something new! (How to draw? How to do Cat's Cradle? How to play Pokemon?)
    Essentially you're teaching a skill to adults.
    Once you've "taught" them, you then need to check that they have actually learned it. (question them, get them to demonstrate or explain).

It says giving feedback to others, so maybe other candidates will be involved and you have to feedback to each other? You'll be expected to critique your own micro-teach (What went well, what would you change for next time etc).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.