Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Private student for GCSE watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm Jessica and I'm 20
    I wasn't able to do my GCSEs for personal reasons 😔
    I would like to do it as a private candidate which I already called the OCR. They gave me a list of the school, colleges that may take private candidate but I called them all and none of them do "how weird".
    So now I'm stock
    Pls help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenchseason)
    Hey I'm Jessica and I'm 20
    I wasn't able to do my GCSEs for personal reasons 😔
    I would like to do it as a private candidate which I already called the OCR. They gave me a list of the school, colleges that may take private candidate but I called them all and none of them do "how weird".
    So now I'm stock
    Pls help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What subjects do you want to do? Not all are very suitable for private candidates if they include practical exams, controlled assessments or coursework. There are other examiners so you could try any other schools or colleges in your area to see if they take private candidates and which examiner they use. Colleges and independent schools tend to be more open to it than secondary schools. If you don't have maths or English you should be able to find free local courses to complete them but you have left it too late to start them this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would like to do 5 which are English, math, French, science and IT.
    I contacted a college and they say that it will 200£ per subject... So basically just to seat in an examination room 😐😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.