Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've already had replies from my other universities so I'm just waiting on Oxford now. I know they probably interview the top applicants first, but about how long do they usually take to call you to interview or reject you? I read somewhere that they make decisions on whether to offer places in early January but it doesn't say anywhere about when they tell you if you're shortlisted or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theperksofbeingnerdy)
    I've already had replies from my other universities so I'm just waiting on Oxford now. I know they probably interview the top applicants first, but about how long do they usually take to call you to interview or reject you? I read somewhere that they make decisions on whether to offer places in early January but it doesn't say anywhere about when they tell you if you're shortlisted or not.
    They will usually shortlist you around end of November, probably later if you had to take an admissions test

ReputationRep:
    End of November/start of December. Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theperksofbeingnerdy)
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...ord/interviews

contain the paragraph:

You will receive an email or letter indicating whether or not you have been invited for interview. You may not receive this until a week before the interviews are due to take place. If you have been invited, the letter will include practical details of your interview and further information.
    All shortlisted applicants are interviewed at the same time for a given subject (they don't interview the 'top' candidates first) - you might want to check when the dates for interviews for your subject are - see http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable

It is likely that you will get the message about whether you've been shortlisted between one and two weeks before the dates for your subject.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.