Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Meeting up with a girl you don't find attractive watch

Announcements

Hi guys,

Before I start, let me say: 24 yr old male Virgin, for my own reasons. I've had a girlfriend in the past but she also didn't want sex before marriage (but we did everything else).

Anyway, I have the opportunity to meet up with this girl I have been chatting to (because she has a great personality). However I'm not that attracted to her.

Normally, I wouldn't care less but it's different as she's flirty so I get the feeling that after a few drinks, we might kiss or something. Recently I've been having loads of thoughts about screwing the saving myself till marriage and just getting it over with and I feel that I have the chance with her but I'm not sure if I should as I don't find her that amazingly attractive. As I've only seen pictures, she might just not photograph well!

What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Smash and dash!

ReputationRep:
    If you like her personality, then go and meet her!

I'm rarely attracted to people anyway, but I tend to find people a lot more attractive after they become my friends because if someone is nice it makes them more beautiful (to me anyway :P)

Regardless, even if you don't end up fancying her, it sounds like you have good banter, so at least it will be fun and you might end up with a new friend Friends can be equally as important and lovely as partners.

In regards to the sex thing, that's completely up to you dude. But don't just sleep with this girl then ditch her for the sake of losing your v-card (unless she's after casual sex in which case go for it)

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I don't see why you would want to save yourself for marriage, it doesn't really make any sense to me. I can see why you might want to save yourself until you are in a committed relationship with mutual respect, but you can definitely have this without marriage.

So it is completely up to you, if you want to wait that's fine, if you want to have some no strings attached fun, that is also fine (so long as both parties know the score), if you want to get into a relationship with someone it's also ok to sleep with them early on, it can be a nice way to make you feel closer early on.

As for the attractiveness, I would say don't be so shallow, but then I've never seen the girl. I do think there has to be a level of physical attraction. I've found in the past that I've grown physically attracted to people as I get to know them more, when they have a great personality, it's almost like that is what you see, although unfortunately this probably only works up to a certain extent. I think meet up with her, maybe try not to sleep with her on the first date so after you can evaluate your feelings again, then it's up to you, go for it don't go for it, just try and enjoy yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Beggars can't be choosers

ReputationRep:
    As string210 said, smash and dash.

ReputationRep:
    See her, if she has an amazing personality it could change your view on her, or if she's down make it a one night stand. Don't waste both yours and her time if your not attracted to her, there's literally no point.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys,

Before I start, let me say: 24 yr old male Virgin, for my own reasons. I've had a girlfriend in the past but she also didn't want sex before marriage (but we did everything else).

Anyway, I have the opportunity to meet up with this girl I have been chatting to (because she has a great personality). However I'm not that attracted to her.

Normally, I wouldn't care less but it's different as she's flirty so I get the feeling that after a few drinks, we might kiss or something. Recently I've been having loads of thoughts about screwing the saving myself till marriage and just getting it over with and I feel that I have the chance with her but I'm not sure if I should as I don't find her that amazingly attractive. As I've only seen pictures, she might just not photograph well!

What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks
    Give her a chance, see how things go. If there's no chemistry, then politely move on. Don't use her though, please.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.