Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you knew for sure that your partner was cheating on you (saw them in public, texts, other signs etc...), what would be your method of breaking up with them?

It's just a general question because I've seen quite a few posts online where people publicly shame the cheater via video or they prank them with a breakup at the end. Is this too much? Would you do something like that?

Or would you just say "it's over" and walk away with dignity?

ReputationRep:
    Drive past his house, and say look isn't that my ex's house. Then just look at him, and open the car door!

ReputationRep:
    Ngl id probably be a bit numb and would try to do it as dram free and emotionless as possible.
    Publicly shaming them and stuff wont ever end well for either of you so its best just to end it.
    Youre probably never gonna be friends again so it really doesnt matter tbh.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    'Bye Felicia' and block all forms of contact with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    If you knew for sure that your partner was cheating on you (saw them in public, texts, other signs etc...), what would be your method of breaking up with them?

It's just a general question because I've seen quite a few posts online where people publicly shame the cheater via video or they prank them with a breakup at the end. Is this too much? Would you do something like that?

Or would you just say "it's over" and walk away with dignity?
    I personally think name and shaming a guy isn't the right way to do it. Although some people do still do that- and it is quite funny. But then again, think of maturity. Clearly he's not mature enough to be in a long-term relationship and he thinks with his d*k rather than his mind. I say- Tell him its over and you're done. And just walk away. He may come running back to you, but its too late then. unless you want him back then thats something else

Supreet x

ReputationRep:
    I'd take the moral high ground and end things quickly in a decent way so I can move on quicker. He might look back on how I nicely I handled it and feel guilty about being an ass.

Taking revenge on him would only make him bitter and take pleasure in the fact that he hurt me with the cheating - kinda like a competition to see who did the most damage.

ReputationRep:
    Maturely end it and walk away, get revenge by excelling in education/life and eventually dating someone better.

If I cheated on someone (never have, never will, but hypothetically) and they did something like smash my PS4, I'd feel less bad about hurting them cause I'd think of them as a console-smashing *******. But if he found out and looked at me with pain and disappointment in his puppydog eyes, that's the worst thing he could do because I'd feel like the absolute ****ing worst scumbag on the planet.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'd be pretty brutal about it and tell them it was over to their face.

ReputationRep:
    If I lived with him, then whilst he was at work, I would move all my stuff out, take all the pictures of me/us, take anything I'd given him and then just leave. I don't think I'd want a confrontation - I'd rather just disappear and let him figure it out for himself.

loool I've seen somewhere on twitter where this girl get's her cheating boyfriends texts and private messages up onto a big tv and she is going mental.

If you have photo grabs from his phone or facebook print them out, give them to him and say "f*** you, we're done."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.