The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Welshpupilmaybe
Anyone heard anything from Iscoed following their first sift the other week? Or at all from 30 Park Place?

I haven't heard from either! My Iscoed application still says 'under consideration' but hasn't changed for a while. Angel first round interviews were out this week.
Original post by L.A.Law
I haven't heard from either! My Iscoed application still says 'under consideration' but hasn't changed for a while. Angel first round interviews were out this week.

Thanks, good to know its not just me in limbo! Angel interviews are 30th and 6th, so I guess shortly afterward for news..or maybe thats being naive!
Spending your Saturday feeling like a fly being repeatedly swatted aka a terrible second round interview that seemed like it would never end. Absolute killer for the confidence levels... How many weeks left?!
Original post by pupilpleaser
Spending your Saturday feeling like a fly being repeatedly swatted aka a terrible second round interview that seemed like it would never end. Absolute killer for the confidence levels... How many weeks left?!

I can sympathise - I had a horrible interview this week. Interviewers were disinterested and glib - if not rude at times. Trying to keep my confidence levels up but it's annoying to have put so much effort in to be treated like that at a final round. Just telling myself I'll do candidates the courtesy of being a decent human being when I'm a Barrister. Best of luck to people with up and coming interviews.
Is anyone able to offer any tips for a second round at Devereux?
11 KBW anyone ?
Reply 2766
Original post by roomwithoutaroof
I can sympathise - I had a horrible interview this week. Interviewers were disinterested and glib - if not rude at times. Trying to keep my confidence levels up but it's annoying to have put so much effort in to be treated like that at a final round. Just telling myself I'll do candidates the courtesy of being a decent human being when I'm a Barrister. Best of luck to people with up and coming interviews.

Sounds like I have been lucky. Not saying all my interview were perfect or anything but all my interviewers have been lovely. Really relaxed, friendly and welcoming and I haven't felt at all like they've tried to catch me off guard or anything.
Original post by SFLaw
Sounds like I have been lucky. Not saying all my interview were perfect or anything but all my interviewers have been lovely. Really relaxed, friendly and welcoming and I haven't felt at all like they've tried to catch me off guard or anything.

To be fair for me they weren't unpleasant just ultra challenging for a very long time! We shall see... they are a dream set so I'm hoping more than hope there was something that wasn't as bad as it seemed!
Original post by PupilLAD
11 KBW anyone ?

They told me they don't start considering applications until 26 July - that's when the last assessed minis end, I think.
Original post by hoobler
They told me they don't start considering applications until 26 July - that's when the last assessed minis end, I think.

I thought there was one more interview after the assessed minis? Seems like it would be a tough turnaround if they didn't even consider until that point...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2770
Non-gateway Charter Chambers first round interviews out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2771
The same email includes interview for gateway i.e. both years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by legallyblonder
I'VE BEEN OFFERED PUPILLAGE! FINALLY! (From a set outside the gateway) There is light at the end of the tunnel folks!!!

Well done! I have also been offered pupillage, on this day, from a non-gateway set. I know they were offering two pupillages, so I wonder if it's the same chambers? If so, I look forward to meeting you soon! I will find out how to get hold of you, so maybe we can have a celebratory drink?! If not the same set, then never mind and well done!!
Have people had interviews for Fourteen and 4 Brick Court, think these must be RBS for me! Not long now till we get our weekends back guys! Good luck all!
Original post by Igor_the_Cat
Have people had interviews for Fourteen and 4 Brick Court, think these must be RBS for me! Not long now till we get our weekends back guys! Good luck all!

I'm still waiting on both and haven't seen anyone post about i/views on this thread, so not sure it's a RBS yet!

I, too, am very excited to have free weekends again! Then again, if the outcome on 1 Aug is negative I'll probably just spend them under my duvet listening to Bon Iver ...
Has anyone heard from 18 St John's Street? Their email last week indicated they would let everyone know by the end of the week so now I'm wondering if it's RBS....
Original post by i.am.the.law
Has anyone heard from 18 St John's Street? Their email last week indicated they would let everyone know by the end of the week so now I'm wondering if it's RBS....

I'm waiting to hear back as well
Reply 2777
Red Lion Chambers second round invites out.
Is anyone else still waiting on multiple sets?? I have three I am yet to hear from and from being on this forum I don't think they have given out interviews. It just seems with about 20 days to go till offer day, and most places trying to fit in 2 rounds of interviews into this time, they're cutting it a bit fine, particularly since they've had applications for over 2 months.
Reply 2779
Rejection post first round from 187 Fleet Street

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending