The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Forum User
There's no email address for Laurent Sykes on the website. Do you know where we're supposed to send it? Only email addresses I can find on their website are reception@ and clerks@.

Either that with an FAO, or ls@
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LadyLaw23
Either that with an FAO, or ls@

Oh good spot, thanks (wasn't listed on website but I see it on legal 500).
Oh good spot, thanks (wasn't listed on website but I see it on legal 500).

Well, that and I did a mini there a while back :smile:
Reply 263
Anyone thought to give Quadrant a phone call?
Nearly got caught out by copying and pasting the incorrect email address in XXIV's letter.

Thought I'd point it out in case anyone hadn't picked up that it used @co.uk rather than .co.uk
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Nearly got caught out by copying and pasting the incorrect email address in XXIV's letter.

Thought I'd point it out in case anyone hadn't picked up that it used @co.uk rather than .co.uk

I noticed that... made it easier for myself and just replied to the e-mail that I was sent offering an interview (from the same invidiual)!
Original post by tsr_sleuth
I noticed that... made it easier for myself and just replied to the e-mail that I was sent offering an interview (from the same invidiual)!

I ended up just emailing and asking for confirmation of receipt, because I managed to make myself paranoid about it :laugh:
Speaking of paranoia...

Ten Old Square, anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Best guppy
Speaking of paranoia...

Ten Old Square, anyone?

dw, we're all refreshing along with you. If anyone hears anything you'll know.
People applying to tax chambers, did you study tax at all? I know they say you don't need to but I kind of feel like having avoided it will put me at a disadvantage.
Original post by Radebe91
People applying to tax chambers, did you study tax at all? I know they say you don't need to but I kind of feel like having avoided it will put me at a disadvantage.

I havent studied it at university level (it wasn't an available option at my university) but I have experience in a financial role which has gave me a bit of knowledge around the area

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, but I don't think that it would put you at that much of a disadvantage if you haven't, as long as it's not too obvious that you actually avoided it when/if you had the option.

I'm doing a tax course at LLM. I don't think they particularly care, though.
I've just received an email inviting me to interview at 10 old square.

Congrats!

Nothing here... hopefully they're just working their way through...
Congratulations.

Now I'm really on edge!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anything?

Original post by LegalLab
Original post by Tomfish
Same question
(edited 8 years ago)
But still no-one has heard anything from Quadrant? Not that I am too hopeful there...

Congrats! Was it addressed to you personally or was it a mail merge?

Nothing yet for me from 10 Old Sq or Quadrant.
Congrats! Was it addressed to you personally or was it a mail merge?

Nothing yet for me from 10 Old Sq or Quadrant.

I'm about to show my my embarrassing lack of technical knowledge, but how can I tell? The email started 'Dear [First Name]', rather than 'Dear Applicant', but I don't know if that is decisive in showing that it is not a mass email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending