The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HERBYboy
Thanks for taking the time to reply. That's helpful. So no advocacy at any of the IP sets! I will get reading on current affairs. BTW what kind of legal principles? a general discussion?

No problem! I suppose it depends on what you would deem an 'advocacy' exercise, as obviously you would be judged on both your content and presentation of your arguments for a prepared case analysis, but it wasn't exactly a formal "stand up and deliver submissions" kind of exercise.

I must admit my memory is a little hazy, but I think it included a general discussion surrounding fundamental principles of IP law, i.e. why rights-holders should be granted property rights to the exclusion of others etc. I think we also talked about the nature of anti-copying rights versus the registered monopoly rights and why they are divided as so.

I hasten to add that all 3 of these sets traditionally do "soft IP", so perhaps the style of interview may differ in sets that do patents/designs and the like.
Original post by lulu_dudette
I don't think I did get an email in confirmation. I didn't get a lot of confirmation emails this year. It's is a personalised rejection though so they're probably taking their time. My surname is B so maybe alphabetical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have some faith in me 😂😂
Original post by PupilLAD
Have some faith in me 😂😂

I'm G and just got my rejection....
37 park square rejection via gateway email.
23 Essex Street interview out by email
Original post by pupilpleaser
Anyone heard from 23 Essex? I think someone kindly called them last week and they thought they would be getting back to us by close today....

(As an aside as much as it's a privilege, of course to be part of this community, :-) does anyone ever glance over at some of the crazy things being talked about on the other threads that come up on the right hand side of the screen and think that life could be a lot simpler (and in some cases weirder!).... )

Yes received rejection email a couple of hours ago. :frown:
Good luck with yours.x
Original post by cesz123
Does anyone (perhaps who has already studied the BPTC) have advice on how to approach ethics type questions during interviews? Other than reading up on the BSB handbook, I'm not sure how answers should best be structured?

City law school has a pupillage interview workshop next week specifically addressing this topic. I believe anyone can register.
Original post by Welshpupilmaybe
Blanked it all out afterward! But i think it was a team-working/cooperation one and demonstrate something thats influenced your development as a lawyer, something along those lines...the questions come up in opaque text on the screen as you record yourself

Ok, thanks for the info! :smile:

I read that there are only 4 questions, so i'm wondering how it'll take 25mins to answer only 4 questions. 🙈
Crown Office 1st round interviews coming out by bcc e-mail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else still waiting on 23 Essex street? Can't stop refreshing my email!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab
Is anyone else still waiting on 23 Essex street? Can't stop refreshing my email!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting too..
Original post by cesz123
I'm still waiting too..

That's a relief I was having visions of my application lying down the back of a filing cabinet

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you know it's BCC email? I assume you mean that are all out now?
Original post by Thisisdire

E-mail has sender in 'To' field.

Salutation reads "Dear Sir or Madam".

I've already got my application in for the CID... 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bloody hell 1 Gray's Inn Sq, Doughty & Garden Court COME ON! I haven't even had a change in the pupillage gateway status once!
Original post by Thisisdire

I can't help you with Crown Office but I just had to say... BRILLIANT username.
Hi there! First time posting here but this thread has been invaluable.

37 Park Square interviews out by gateway email too.

Interestingly the email states 'Booking for the interviews will be through the self-service option on the Pupillage Portal on a first come, first served basis and these appointment times are now available'.

I've had a gander at the gateway. My status has not changed, nor can I see any timetabling option. Anyone any idea what I'm supposed to do?

Ta!
So how did everyone else find Serjeants?

Personally I have no idea

1 problem question
1 ethics question

Lots of cv and random stuff as well
Original post by pizzaprincess
Bloody hell 1 Gray's Inn Sq, Doughty & Garden Court COME ON! I haven't even had a change in the pupillage gateway status once!

Have we had news from Garden Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cesz123
I'm still waiting too..

Have you guys heard anything yet re 23es? I haven't, so it's possible they've stopped for the evening.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest