The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard anything from Matrix yet? They said interviews would be on the 23rd and 24th, and it seems from last year's thread that they came out around now.
Original post by charcoalfeathers
Have you guys heard anything yet re 23es? I haven't, so it's possible they've stopped for the evening.

Still nothing. I think it's likely they've stopped for today so perhaps tomorrow or Monday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hoobler
Anyone heard anything from Matrix yet? They said interviews would be on the 23rd and 24th, and it seems from last year's thread that they came out around now.

Nothing yet although I had a bit of a formatting nightmare with their application so not holding out much hope on that front

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab
Nothing yet although I had a bit of a formatting nightmare with their application so not holding out much hope on that front

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing from Matrix, Doughty, OR Garden Court! Probably indicative of the number of applications they've received, sadly....!
Original post by LegalLab

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had similar problems - that Word document they used was awful. I ended up reformatting the entire document myself. There is a mark in their application critera for presentation of the application, after all...
Reply 1565
Original post by ExBurpi

Has anyone heard from the following:

Temple Garden
42 Bedford Row
Goldsmiths Chambers
KBW, Leeds
New Park Court Chambers
St Johns Buildings, Manchester

I haven't heard from 42BR, NPC Leeds or St Johns Manc either.
Original post by wannabeebar
Nothing from Matrix, Doughty, OR Garden Court! Probably indicative of the number of applications they've received, sadly....!

That being said, I had a mini at Doughty last year around this time, in fact it started on 3 June and members of chambers were still looking at their pupillage application files and grading applicants around this time, so maybe next week is the lucky week.
I am almost certain the earlier poster claiming to have received an invite from Doughty was a hoax (why do that?).

Fingers crossed we will hear back from most places next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pupillage2017
I am almost certain the earlier poster claiming to have received an invite from Doughty was a hoax (why do that?).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in agreement regarding the previous Doughty Street post. The last thing we need on this forum is trolling. Nightmare!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pizzaprincess
Bloody hell 1 Gray's Inn Sq, Doughty & Garden Court COME ON! I haven't even had a change in the pupillage gateway status once!

I second 1GIS and GC and would add to the list of non-changers 1 Pump Court (nb not Pump Court) and 4KBW (Timothy Raggatt QC)... no news is good news?
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
I second 1GIS and GC and would add to the list of non-changers 1 Pump Court (nb not Pump Court) and 4KBW (Timothy Raggatt QC)... no news is good news?

That is what I'm hoping. It's just frustrating seeing so much action happening on this thread meanwhile mine haven't budged.
Original post by pupillage2017

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, Doughty has remained unchanged on the gateway for me (just says 'applied') and haven't heard of anyone else hearing any news.
Original post by Barelylegalz
Have we had news from Garden Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobody on this thread has reported any changes, seems everyone's has remained at 'applied' for GC
Have Hardwicke interviews def gone out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still nothing either way from 23ES, hoping some of you are still in the same boat...?
Original post by Ifoughtthelaw
Still nothing either way from 23ES, hoping some of you are still in the same boat...?

Yes don't worry some of us are in the same position. They will probably let us know on Monday!
Original post by pupiltobe23
I have sent you a PM.

Does anyone have any experience of 5PB or Henderson Chambers first round interviews that they could share please? On here or PM appreciated.

Thanks

Hey

Any chance you could also PM me re 5 Paper as well.

Good luck at yours.
Hi all,

Well its a not this time for 2 Hare court and 23 Essex St ( Essex via personal email, Hare court via gateway Friday 3rd).

M
Original post by Mikey5566
Hi all,

Well its a not this time for 2 Hare court and 23 Essex St ( Essex via personal email, Hare court via gateway Friday 3rd).

M

Is anyone else still on applied for 2HC? Sure it is likely a reject as the interviews have gone out but it seems odd some people have been notified and others not?
Any news from No5 after first round interviews yesterday? Any thoughts on when we're likely to hear either way?

Quick Reply

Latest