Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can't get over being rejected by my crush and now I have to face him all the time :( watch

I (female) asked my crush out on a date and he turned me down. I know it sounds really big headed but I was almost sure he would say yes as I thought he liked me but I was obviously wrong, which has left me embarrassed and insecure as I'm obviously clueless about men. He told me he was too busy to date, which I don't dispute he is busy but he also told me recently he spends a lot of time sleeping, watching TV and smoking so I think in reality he's just not that into me!

The problem is we are friends, and we have a lot of mutual friends so it's not like I can avoid him or cut him off! I value and enjoy his friendship but at the same time it's difficult for me he's been really nice and chilled about the whole thing which makes me fall for him even further as we are getting closer as friends.

I told a couple of mutual friends about what happened and they were in hysterics and said he is really ugly anyway so it's his loss and that I can do much better as according to them I'm beautiful. If anything what they said makes me feel worse about myself and makes me feel unwanted and undesirable. I just want him so bad sometimes I can't shake it off at all.

Now here is where it gets tough.. I'm sure sometime after me asking him out he has started casually sleeping with this overweight girl in our group. She has already slept with 2 guys in our circle and started to give him the vibe that she was down for sex, hence part of the reason why I asked him out in the first place before she pounced. It's just really hard for me to witness I'm wild with jealousy I feel physically sick and just don't know how to deal with it. I'm recovered from an eating disorder but I'm starting to feel triggered and it's hard to eat I feel so disgusted with myself.

How can I cope with this? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He told me he was too busy to date, he also told me recently he spends a lot of time sleeping, watching TV and smoking
    He is really ugly anyway so it's his loss

He has started casually sleeping with this overweight girl in our group.
    Sounds like a loser. He did you a favour.

ReputationRep:
    georgiaswift She seems to know about relationships etc , ask her.

ReputationRep:
    You'll feel awks at first but that'll die down after a while. Askin someone out is always a gamble, always prepare urself for the no.

Plus he doesn't sound like he's worth it from what you've described. Count urself lucky.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I (female) asked my crush out on a date and he turned me down. I know it sounds really big headed but I was almost sure he would say yes as I thought he liked me but I was obviously wrong, which has left me embarrassed and insecure as I'm obviously clueless about men. He told me he was too busy to date, which I don't dispute he is busy but he also told me recently he spends a lot of time sleeping, watching TV and smoking so I think in reality he's just not that into me!

The problem is we are friends, and we have a lot of mutual friends so it's not like I can avoid him or cut him off! I value and enjoy his friendship but at the same time it's difficult for me he's been really nice and chilled about the whole thing which makes me fall for him even further as we are getting closer as friends.

I told a couple of mutual friends about what happened and they were in hysterics and said he is really ugly anyway so it's his loss and that I can do much better as according to them I'm beautiful. If anything what they said makes me feel worse about myself and makes me feel unwanted and undesirable. I just want him so bad sometimes I can't shake it off at all.

Now here is where it gets tough.. I'm sure sometime after me asking him out he has started casually sleeping with this overweight girl in our group. She has already slept with 2 guys in our circle and started to give him the vibe that she was down for sex, hence part of the reason why I asked him out in the first place before she pounced. It's just really hard for me to witness I'm wild with jealousy I feel physically sick and just don't know how to deal with it. I'm recovered from an eating disorder but I'm starting to feel triggered and it's hard to eat I feel so disgusted with myself.

How can I cope with this? Thank you
    Fair play for having the guts to ask him, least you know, at the end of the day it's his loss.

ReputationRep:
    I would say there's no need to avoid him, try to be as civil as possible. Understandably you're jealous, but only time will heal that. Just try to be polite but don't be too close until you're over him

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.